LAPTOP IS BEING RETAINED FOR NO REASON

08_Robado
08_Robado Member Posts: 7 New User
edited January 2021 in Aspire Laptops
The Texas Repair center STOLE MY DISABLED MOTHER'S LAPTOP
I spoke with XXXXXXXXXX on January 4th 2021 and stated they will fix the laptop before the deadline and they were waiting for a part, that never happened.
I spoke on January 15th 2021 with XXXXXXXX he seemed he was in Colombia or Venezuela and he mistreated me, he refuse to help, he refuse to transfer me with his supervisor and before hanging up he stated that THE TEXAS CENTER WERE YOUR LAPTOP IS LOCATED AT IS CLOSED FOR GOOD AND YOU WILL NEVER GET IT.
Is this the way of "helping" a TOTALLY DISABLED CUSTOMER???
Acer needs to be ashamed to ROB A TOTALLY DISABLED WOMAN, and if not then GIVE US BACK OUR FIXED LAPTOP OR PROVIDE US A REPLACEMENT WITH A NEW ONE as it was guaranteed by your employees.

[Thread edited to remove inappropriate or personal content]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Sorry. You have posted to an ACER users forum. We are not ACER employees or warranty service contractors but users just like you trymg to help other users. If you have the machine's serial number id (SNID) or the warranty service case number, you can go to this link to get a documented status report. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• 08_Robado
    I know what kind of forum it is,  am sharing my experience so nobody goes for the same experience as me.
    I discover this morning that ACER SCAMMED their customers because they knew that this particular Laptop had mayor issues with the screen and for that reason they discontinued to sell it and now they can{t get parts for it.
  • JackE
    (1) What's the full ACER  model number has major issues? A515-51g??? E5-553???
    (2) How did you discover it was a scam? Where did you see this scam claim?
    (3) What parts seem to be missing?
    (4) Where did you see the service center was being closed.
    (5) What number did you call to reach Mark Hibbs?
    (6) What number did you call to talk to Keving? How do you know he was from Columbia or Venezuela?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• 08_Robado
    Jake do you work for ACER?.
    It seems you are very over protective of them and attacking me like If I came here to make up something, again DO YOU WORK FOR ACER?.
    Acer Aspire 3
    Contacted BBB and also the Das Office and they received complaint about the same issue, also read multiple posts in multiple sites were consumer posted reports.
    3. They refuse to specify, not my fault.
    4. Kevin stated the service center was close, employee of Acer.
    5. Texas number
    6. Main number, spoke with Cathy in Colombia, since I am Spanish we spoke in Spanish and transferred me with her supervisor who had a Colombian or Venezuelan accent.

Now instead of harassing me with questions like if I am criminal, what are your intentions, why so many questions?

do your research, Acer is not what it used to be, and I am a big fan of Acer.
    Check the BBB sites from Texas, California, NY and you will see the poor reviews they have, specially in San Jose California where they have 1 star.

AGAIN 
    A DISABLED CUSTOMER WAS SCAMMED BY ACER, and you are defending this company like if you are part of it. shame on you, it seems you are happy that a TOTALLY DISABLED customer doesn't have her only way to communicate with family and friends but you need to save the company FOR WHAT????
  • JackE
    Just an ACER user here trying to help you out and find out which region seems to be giving you a hard time with this machine. There are dozens of A3 models. So is it an A315-54G??? An a314-44???  You can also find similar complaints and numbers for Dells, HPs, Asus', etc such is the nature of consumer machines.

You must try to deal with the US region with the SNID and warranty case number since that's where the laptop came from and where it's registered. Any other worldwide service region would NOT be able to help you. Instead try using this link with either the machine's warranty service case number or it's SNID https://us.answers.acer.com/app/case_status   to try to find out where it is and what part's seem to be missing.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• 08_Robado
    edited January 2021
    No need for that. I know all this already. 
    I contacted XXXXXXX, the XXXXXXXXXXXXXX And my local one.
    And since I have contact with the XXXXXXXXXXXX  the other Acer clients who had the same issue as we had.

I appreciate your help, but Acer is refusing to fix a laptop that is on warranty due to the fact that they know is a defective model and for that reason they have discontinued it.

Lastly I noticed you keep insisting for me to provide detailed information on the Laptop, model, Snid, warranty, those are personal information that I will not make public.
    Again, for being just a person who wants to help you keep trying to get too much personal info that you don't need.

If you are really doing it from the bottom of your heart, thanks.
    But the way you ask questions is not normal, and as I stated before, I try all channels with Acer and they failed, now I am here to tell my history and how ACER scammed  a DISABLED CUSTOMER and is keeping her laptop for no reason and without fixing it, that is an SCAM and also is a ROBBERY and I do not want any other person much less to a disabled customer. OR IS IT THAT DISABLED PEOPLE DO NOT HAVE ANY RIGHTS????, 

[Thread edited to remove inappropriate or personal content]
  • JackE
    Sorry, I only can use the full model number (for example, A315-54)---not any personal info whatsoever---to search the forums to see if there is a consistent pattern to inherent design problems of what other users have reported for this model. You, not me, need the SNID and case number to use the  link   provided earlier  to track the repair status online. https://us.answers.acer.com/app/case_status  
    Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• 08_Robado
    You do not read anything I write. 
    You are being annoying for no reason, disruptive and zero help at all.
    Your only goal here is trying to dismiss this serious complaint and worst of all you have shown numerous times that you do not care about the fact that the company that you work for SCAMMED DISABLED CUSTOMERS.

I have all the info on my laptop and is over a month and they are still fixing it, and that is indicated online, so stop telling me over and over about the link, stop bothering me over and over about the SNID, move along and do not harass me any longer 
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    I am very sorry to hear this 08_Robado, please keep in mind that the Acer Community is not a direct portal to Customer service, the Acer Forum Discussions were designed as a peer to peer support community where Acer users help other Acer users. Many Acer employees (Moderators), read the various topics posted here and you will notice that some Acer employees interact with members when appropriate, primarily we want the community to be a place where members can exchange their own advice and ideas.

Please send me a private message with the serial number or the case ID number given by support so I can ask for assistance with escalating the case.  

Note: If you have support documentation of your case please send it via private message to have escalated to the correct department, 
    keep in mind that we cannot guarantee that anything will be done or change, we do not have access to any case documentation or make any decisions. This thread will be now closed. 

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny 
This discussion has been closed.