Upograding SPIN SP314-51-39BG

Sareva
Sareva Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Hello people, 
I'm Eva, from Italy. 
I have a Spin SP314-51-39BG (italian keyboard), I love it but I'd like to upgrade it at the best it could be. 
I'd like to know if I can add a second sdd inside (which I'd like to be primary and 1T), and if I can upgrade RAM memory too.
Anyone can help? I contacted before the italian support but the woman whom I talked to was not so helpful.
Thanks Community!
Eva

Best Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Yes, there is a cable you can purchase to allow the installation of a 2.5" drive, SSD or HDD. The Acer part number is either 450.0DV01.0011 or 450.0DV01.0001 (I believe they purchased them from different vendors, hence the two numbers). There is also a bracket to help hold it in place, the Acer part number is: 33.GUWN1.001. The cable connects to that empty connect between the two purple ones below your fan. The drive itself will fit in beside the battery.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    It is not possible, see:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Have you checked if your model has the m2 2280 port and the sata cable?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    You have onboard memory only in this model, so you can not upgrade the memory, as for the storage, you can upgrade current M.2 SSD up to 500GB and install a 2.5" SSD in the HDD bay, you may be able to install a M.2 SATA SSD but you have to give up 2.5"HDD bay, if you remove the HDD, you will find a M.2 SATA slot underneath it, in any case, please post your current specs of your storage.
    Acer Spin SP314-51 Performance Results - UserBenchmark
    Upgrade RAM on Spin 3 SP314-51 — Acer Community

• Sareva

Tinkerer

Hi,
    You have onboard memory only in this model, so you can not upgrade the memory, as for the storage, you can upgrade current M.2 SSD up to 500GB and install a 2.5" SSD in the HDD bay, you may be able to install a M.2 SATA SSD but you have to give up 2.5"HDD bay, if you remove the HDD, you will find a M.2 SATA slot underneath it, in any case, please post your current specs of your storage.
    Acer Spin SP314-51 Performance Results - UserBenchmark
    Upgrade RAM on Spin 3 SP314-51 — Acer Community

Thank you for the answer, I don't think if it is exactly the same model, because mine has other letters after -51. The italian support told me that I could only change the SSD and use one up to 256G, and about the RAM, I can have only up to 8 Giga changing the one already installed.
    Tonight I'll upgrade the SSD, 256G... and while opening the case, I'll check for the RAM.
  • Sareva

Tinkerer

Have you checked if your model has the m2 2280 port and the sata cable?

Thank you for your answer. These is no SATA cable and the italian support told me that I can't add another drive, even if the connector is present. 
    Tonight I'll switch the ssd from a 128 to a 256 (italian support told me it is the max supported) and then I'll check if there is the SATA connector. Eventually I'll try to add another drive and see if it work, instead of what they told me... thank you very much!
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    No problem, please post the picture of internals when you open it up.
  • Sareva

Tinkerer

Hello all! I've been able to change the ssd and now I have one 240 GB. That's better.
    I post the photo of my pc, so if anyone can help me to understand if I can expand the RAM memory too... in fact I didn't understand where the RAM is and if there is a slot where I can add another one.
    Another question: I see there is space to add another ssd (not M2), but I don't know what kind of cable I need and, most of all, if another SSD would be supported.
    Thank you all, you're very kind!

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Yes, there is a cable you can purchase to allow the installation of a 2.5" drive, SSD or HDD. The Acer part number is either 450.0DV01.0011 or 450.0DV01.0001 (I believe they purchased them from different vendors, hence the two numbers). There is also a bracket to help hold it in place, the Acer part number is: 33.GUWN1.001. The cable connects to that empty connect between the two purple ones below your fan. The drive itself will fit in beside the battery.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Sareva

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    Thank you very very much!
    One last question: do you know if I can upgrade RAM memory? I didn't see the RAM when I opened the case.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    It is not possible, see:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Sareva

Tinkerer

It is not possible, see:

Thank you very much, I appreciate the help!