Aspire x1430

Ali43
Ali43 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited January 2021 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
I have the aspire x1430 does anyone know if I can update the graphic card on it? 
[Thread edited to remove inappropriate or personal content]

Best Answer

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Not hugely, the new card may increase your frame rates by a little bit but not by much. The better choice would be to look for a new second hand system instead

Answers

• Leostat
    You may want to wipe out the product key!

In theory yes, but the CPU would limit it quite heavily. You would need something which wouldnt need external PCIe power, the absoulte max you can get through the PCI2 interface is 75watts, so you would be limited by that. You may be able to get something like a 1030 or rx460 low profile.

What CPU / GPU is it running allready?
  • Ali43
    Um actually no idea where would I find this info? 
  • Leostat
    If you goto start -> device manager, the GPU is under display adapters, and the CPU is under processors :)
  • Ali43
    GPU AMD radeon hd 6310graphics

Cpu AMD e-350 apu with radeon tm hd graphics 
    How do I edit my first post? 
  • DS549
    DS549 Member Posts: 32 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Ali43 said:
    Um actually no idea where would I find this info? 
      If you need to know the hardware inside your PC download and install "Speccy".......

• Leostat
    edited January 2021
    I wouldnt recomend upgrading the GPU :( the CPU is really weak and it will be severly bottlenecked, even with GPU's of the time they only lead to a tiny increase for everything but COD which hardly used the CPU:

https://www.anandtech.com/show/4134/the-brazos-review-amds-e350-supplants-ion-for-miniitx/5

Your not able to edit the inital post, but its ok it being below its easy to find :)
  • Ali43
    so there's nothing i can do then to make game play less laggy? 

thank you for responding so quickly
  • Leostat
    Answer ✓
    Not hugely, the new card may increase your frame rates by a little bit but not by much. The better choice would be to look for a new second hand system instead
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,366 Trailblazer
    I've requested a moderator to edit the image...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.