i7 10750H in some games, the CPU is instantly 0.8 GHz AN515-55

executioner_06executioner_06 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited January 15 in Nitro and Aspire Gaming
Temperatures CPU is the highest of 12 threads 92-93 degrees, usually 84-90 degrees. The GPU is at 78-82 degrees. I've only had this problem in GTA 5 and Cyberpunk 2077 so far. I played AC Odyysey for hours but there is no problem. Could this be a motherboard problem ? Additionally, the processor issues Power Limit Throttling and EDP Limit warnings, as well as the Intel XTU. No Thermal Throttling.
I use Acer AN515-55 Nitro 5 2020. ( i7-10750H, 2x16 GB RAM, GTX 1660 Ti and 512 GB NVMe M.2 SSD)

Best Answer

• LeostatLeostat Member Posts: 257 Practitioner
    Accepted Answer
    Your can't undervolt the 10th gen can you? The 0.8ghz is the same that happened to my predator which needed the motherbaord replacing. Does it happen just under CPU load, or under a combined CPU and GPU?

Furmark and prime95 can be used to load the two. 

It sounds like an issue with the power delivery, which could only be solved by the device centre :( 0.8 is very sever for thermal throttle unless it's hitting the tjmax at 100c
    If you found the comment helpful hit the like button, If the answer solves your Q, hit the yes button on the bottom of the post! 

FAQ & Answers