Can I add an SSD card to my swift 3 (SF314-54G-82LL) and add an second RAM?

Options
Daulet27
Daulet27 Member Posts: 4 New User
Hi, everyone. I want to upgrade my laptop(Acer swift 3 SF314-54G-82LL): add the SSD card and add an second RAM. But the official website says that the maximum RAM is 12GB and laptop doesn't have a second slot for RAM (CPU-Z says there is second slot for RAM). Can I add an SSD card to my laptop without  removing 256 GB SSD? And what happens if the RAM exceeds this limit?

Best Answers

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi,
    You have only a single M.2 SSD slot, you can upgrade it with a larger M.2 SSD by replacing current 256GB SSD, as for the memory, please post the CPU-z pictures of Memory tab and SPD tab for both slots, yours may have come with a 8GB onboard memory, if it is you can insert another 8GB DDR4 2666MHz module in the empty slot to make the total memory of 16GB, when you remove the metal cover for RAM take care, make sure that it won't touch any parts of the motherboard(preferably disconnect the battery before doing the upgrade).
    Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | acer | aspire swift | Swift 3 SF314-54G | Crucial UK

• Daulet27
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Hi,
    You have only a single M.2 SSD slot, you can upgrade it with a larger M.2 SSD by replacing current 256GB SSD, as for the memory, please post the CPU-z pictures of Memory tab and SPD tab for both slots, yours may have come with a 8GB onboard memory, if it is you can insert another 8GB DDR4 2666MHz module in the empty slot to make the total memory of 16GB, when you remove the metal cover for RAM take care, make sure that it won't touch any parts of the motherboard(preferably disconnect the battery before doing the upgrade).
    Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | acer | aspire swift | Swift 3 SF314-54G | Crucial UK

Hi again, what about the limit of RAM(12 GB)? As i understand i can add 2.5" SSD disk. Am i right?

• Daulet27
    Options
    There is picture from "Task Manager"(on russian language). Looks like i should replace own 4GB RAM to larger RAM if i want to upgrade RAM.

• brummyfan2
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi,
    Yes, you can upgrade the memory up to 12GB, you have 4GB onboard memory and a 4GB in the available slot, you can replace the removable module with a 8GB 2400mhz module, you can also install 2.5" SSD.
  • Daulet27
    edited January 2021
    Options
    The offisial site says that maximum RAM memory is 12GB but on AIDA64 we can see that maximum is 32GB. So is maximum memory of RAM 32GB or not?
  • brummyfan2
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi,
    AIDA 64 may be reporting the capability of the motherboard but Service manual states that the maximum recommended memory is 12GB.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    I believe AIDA is reporting the capabilities of the chipset, the motherboard supports less.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.