USB c connectivity to display port is it valid on this laptop Aspire5 A517-51G-58DD

shades26
shades26 Member Posts: 2 New User
I have a laptop Aspire5 A517-51G-58DD  which I need to connect to a high resolution EIZO monitor -Radiforce RX360 for work to look at images. I have bought a usb c port to display port cable however it does not connect stating the device malfunctioned and windows does not recognise it.  On the display ports  it comes up as a unknown USB device and I have tried updating the driver and it still doesnt work. 
DOes this laptop enable the usb-c to display port connection?
If not what is the best way round this , I need to connect this laptop to the EIZO monitor.
should I try the HDMI to display port instead would this be enabled?

Many thanks

Best Answer

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    I'm afriad your port doesn't support displayport out,  the hdmi would work :)

You could also get a display link cable, but these are more expensive and need extra drivers to work and are a bit faffy

Answers

• Leostat
    Answer ✓
    I'm afriad your port doesn't support displayport out,  the hdmi would work :)

You could also get a display link cable, but these are more expensive and need extra drivers to work and are a bit faffy
  • shades26
    shades26 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thankyou Leostat that is very useful. I will purchase a HDMI to display port cable . Should this be bidrectional as I need the signal to go from the HDMI on the laptop to the display port on
  • Leostat
    I don't think you can get bidirectional as the two standards are not compatible so you have to get a 'from hdmi to dp' and would recommend an active adapter not a passive as they tend to be more stable