when I transfer it I have a problem resetting the laptop

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,175 Trailblazer
    edited January 2021
    Options
    rain14 said:
    when I transfer it I have a problem resetting the laptop
    First, what are the Aspire laptops models numbers? Its pretty hard to advise you if you are so vague with your description. With memory, you cant just put different memory into other laptops e.g. from a laptop that runs DDR3 memory into a DDR4 laptop. With the 1TB it depends on its format and if its a boot drive or a slave? if its a boot drive with an MBR/Legacy format drive and you want to put into a GPT/UEFI format laptop then, you have to convert the Windows 10 MBR/Legacy format boot drive to GPT/UEFI format as the Win-10 OS will not work or be recognised in a GPT/UEFI bios system. If you convert then, the old Win-10 hardware drivers will adapt to the new hardware of your new GPT/UEFI laptop, I've done this on many laptops that run Win-10 MBR/Legacy format and converted it into GPT/UEFI format and changed the boot drive into different specs Aspire laptops and it worked perfectly. Btw, there are allot of guides of how to do this but and first backup your drive before attempting to do this transfer.