Ideal CPU Temperature Predator PO3-620

Options
Black_Armory
Black_Armory Member Posts: 3 New User
edited January 2021 in Predator Desktops
Hey Guys,

I was debating with myself wether i should ask this question or not.
But asking never hurts so here i am. 
So im playing Destiny 2 on ultra settings, and the CPU temperature usually hangs around 55-65. (celsius, i wont refer to fahrenheit in this discussion).
It occasionally spikes to 77, or stays and hangs around 65-75 when the pc has been on for a while.
So my question is:
''what is a relatively good CPU temperature for this PC while gaming?''
Because if im honest, this is the thing that i've been worrying about the most. 
If you have any tips, or experience with CPU temperature on how to improve it etc. i'd very much like to know. 
I thank you all in advance.

Cheers,
B.A

Specs: 
- RTX 2070 Super
- Intelcore I7 10700K 

Location PC

Best Answer

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thats fine :) Generally for intels desktop CPU's are "good" untill upto 100c at the core, and 72 sustained case temp (https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/199335/intel-core-i7-10700k-processor-16m-cache-up-to-5-10-ghz.html) , but long term you want to be running at under 80-85 ish so your 70-75 is great 👍

The Tcase max temp is harder to measure and is lower than the CPU reported temp, so dont get worried you are near and above that. As a rough guess ish, if you add between 5-10c to the tcase you get between 77c and 82c. At which point the CPU will cool itself off which could explain the max of 77

Tips to improve, make sure the intakes are not blocked (but they look ok on yours), clean out dust from filters from time to time, and dont turn your heating on ;) (i jest on that one!)

Also never feel bad for asking a q, its what the forums are for :D

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thats fine :) Generally for intels desktop CPU's are "good" untill upto 100c at the core, and 72 sustained case temp (https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/199335/intel-core-i7-10700k-processor-16m-cache-up-to-5-10-ghz.html) , but long term you want to be running at under 80-85 ish so your 70-75 is great 👍

The Tcase max temp is harder to measure and is lower than the CPU reported temp, so dont get worried you are near and above that. As a rough guess ish, if you add between 5-10c to the tcase you get between 77c and 82c. At which point the CPU will cool itself off which could explain the max of 77

Tips to improve, make sure the intakes are not blocked (but they look ok on yours), clean out dust from filters from time to time, and dont turn your heating on ;) (i jest on that one!)

• Black_Armory
    Black_Armory Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Leostat said:

Thank you very much for the reply! i appreciate it.

Cheers,
    BA