Black Screen, No Bios, No Display Aspire 4745G

Gropster
Gropster Member Posts: 4 New User
edited January 2021 in Legacy Laptops and Netbooks
Hello I've been using Acer Aspire 4745G as when i boot up into bios there is setting Called Graphics it was set to Switchable as default but when i set to Discrete and rebooted 
it didn't display anything the power button and the LED are turned on but No Display i tried to press F2 to boot up into bios but is has no display it does not even show anything to the screen Just black screen is there's any other possible way to fix this?

Thanks

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,696 Trailblazer
    edited January 2021 Answer ✓
    Gropster said:
    Hello I've been using Acer Aspire 4745G as when i boot up into bios there is setting Called Graphics it was set to Switchable as default but when i set to Discrete and rebooted 
    it didn't display anything the power button and the LED are turned on but No Display i tried to press F2 to boot up into bios but is has no display it does not even show anything to the screen Just black screen is there's any other possible way to fix this?

Thanks

Take the main battery out and undo the back cover then take the CMOS battery out ( I would suggest that you change the CMOS battery also as it would be pretty old and would need replacing) then, wait about 15-30 min and put everything back and reboot the laptop. This should reset your BIOS then don't touch the BIOS settings as this set it to default. have a look here of how to take apart a similar laptop the Aspire 4743

Also what are you trying to do with this old Aspire 4745G? Are you trying to upgrade it as changing BIOS settings will do nothing, its only a limited laptop and you can't upgrade its graphics only its cpu, hdd and ram which if you upgrade to an ssd and more GB memory and a higher spec memory then this laptop could be useful as a secondary laptop.  

Answers

• StevenGen
    edited January 2021 Answer ✓
    Gropster said:

Thanks

Take the main battery out and undo the back cover then take the CMOS battery out ( I would suggest that you change the CMOS battery also as it would be pretty old and would need replacing) then, wait about 15-30 min and put everything back and reboot the laptop. This should reset your BIOS then don't touch the BIOS settings as this set it to default. have a look here of how to take apart a similar laptop the Aspire 4743

Also what are you trying to do with this old Aspire 4745G? Are you trying to upgrade it as changing BIOS settings will do nothing, its only a limited laptop and you can't upgrade its graphics only its cpu, hdd and ram which if you upgrade to an ssd and more GB memory and a higher spec memory then this laptop could be useful as a secondary laptop.  

• Gropster
    StevenGen said:
    Gropster said:

Thanks

i'm just gonna do it later ones I got a time and see if it's works I'll just ask again if it didn't work and thanks for the Help
    Stay safe also :) 
  • StevenGen
    edited January 2021
    It will work unless you have done something else or flashed the bios wrongly and the laptop is bricked? Try that first and see if it boots correctly and you have graphics? Then update the graphics driver from the Acer site for the here 4745G as your model either has the Intel or an AMD graphics. Also you can update the bios easily with its ZQ1_125W.exe latest bios update dated 2016/09/07 file. 
  • Gropster
    StevenGen said:
    It will work unless you have done something else or flashed the bios wrongly and the laptop is bricked? Try that first and see if it boots correctly and you have graphics? Then update the graphics driver from the Acer site for the here 4745G as your model either has the Intel or an AMD graphics. Also you can update the bios easily with its ZQ1_125W.exe latest bios update dated 2016/09/07 file. 
    How do i update the bios also? i didn't install any OS on my laptop yet because it does not show anything on the screen i also tried to plug it in on the other Display like monitor but also no displays on it

Do i still need to like press some keys to perform an update? without any displays or OS 

• Gropster
    StevenGen said:
    Hello it seems the method you provided didn't work i tried to removed the CMOS battery and waited for few minutes and placed it back it still Gives me Black screen 

The main reason is I have Radeon HD 5650 graphics on the laptop as it was installed on it so when i accidently set the Graphics Switchable to Discrete and rebooted it it went black screen and no display at all