Acer Monitor creating problems on login

CCSpaeth
CCSpaeth Member Posts: 2 New User
Hello, I have a 6-year old monitor that is creating problems when it's connected to my laptop. It shows a startup interrupt screen upon opening my laptop, a message that I entered a wrong password when I haven't entered a password at all, and shaking (and frozen) icons. The monitor is connected to a laptop, and when I use the laptop on its own, I don't have these problems. So, it seems the problem is with the monitor. Does anyone have suggestions on what might be the issue?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    I can't think of any way a monitor can affect the computer in that way. How do you have it connected? Is there anything else connected to the laptop, like to the USB port?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • CCSpaeth
    CCSpaeth Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks for your reply. After I posted this, I unplugged my monitor from the docking station and just had the laptop plugged into it. The problems continued so now I'm thinking there's something going on with the docking station. Thanks again.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    That makes more sense, it's likely putting spurious signals on the USB port, making the computer thinks there's key presses and mouse movements going on.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.