FPS dropping to 3FPS regularly on helio 300 2020 model PH315-53

Options
malone5923
malone5923 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited January 2021 in Predator Laptops
I am constantly getting framerate drops down to 3fps while playing games such as Doom, starwars fallen order and sekiro. Below is my system specs and benchmark
UserBenchmarks: 
CPU: Intel Core i7-10750H - 87.9%
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2060 (Mobile) - 69.1%
SSD: WDC PC SN730 SDBQNTY-512G-1014 512GB - 142.2%
RAM: Micron 8ATF1G64HZ-3G2J1 2x8GB - 78.9%
MBD: Acer Predator PH315-53
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/38278593

I have tried all recommendations on this forum and other communiity. The laptop is barely 3 months old and this is quite frustrating as I bought it for gaming but cant even enjoy it at all. 3 FPS is just unplayable. I really need help and I dont have an Acer Customer service center in my country. Below are the list of things I have done based on what was recommended. 
1. Turned off all game mode steps on Windows.
2. Manipulated registry to turn off DVR
3. Updated nvidia and intel driver to latest.
4. Updated BIOS driver
5. Set Power options to Ultimate Performance
6. Setting Nvidia graphics to high performance globally
7. Removed nvidia geforce experience from PC
8. Checked memory of system and ran intelligent standby cleaner
9. Restarted system several times and other bunch of stuffs I did but cant remember. 

This issue still persist even if I use low settings on games. Its really frustrating I need help from the community. Is this an hardware related issue?

Best Answer

• malone5923
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Turns out the issue was caused my xbox pc controller through bluetooth. I have switched to connecting it through usb and I have not had the drop to 3fps again. After playing for several hours

Answers

• malone5923
    Options
    Still experiencing low fps on this machine. Is there any known fix for this yet? I need help guys
  • SilvaGi
    SilvaGi Member Posts: 277 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    what temps are you getting?
    your system with throttle when cpu or gpu overheats, check when gaming in predator sense.
    100C itl throttle to low fps.
    Please Click Yes if Ive answered your question.
    Current: Custom Desktop Build (5800X, 16GB, 3070ti)
    Previous: Aspire 5 A515 44 R8RH
    (R5 4500u, 8GB, AMD Radeon Vega 6 iGPU)
    Previous: Nitro 5 AN515 55 (i7,16GB,1650ti)
    Thanks SilvaGi!

• malone5923
    Options
    I checked it around 70-80. I even switched on turbo mode it takes a while but it still drops to 3fps eventually and then comes back to normal. I should be able to play Doom eternal low graphics settings with 144fps without framerate dropping down to 3fps. Mind you there isn't any program that is running that eats up memory like VM. So I'm just wondering what else could be wrong or is the laptop graphics spec not solid enough. I'm just disappointed and confused.
  • malone5923
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Turns out the issue was caused my xbox pc controller through bluetooth. I have switched to connecting it through usb and I have not had the drop to 3fps again. After playing for several hours