Power supply recommendation for Acer TC780 - EB11

I had my PC on sleep mode overnight. Usually if u press anything on the keyboard the PC would turn back on. So today I was doing the usual...but the PC power button was blinking. I tried doing a hard reset but didn't work. Then I unplugged and plugged the power supply cable back in. Now I notice PC won't power on. Power button won't light up, once the power is pressed on....the PSU fan would spin for 1/2 second then stop. I was wondering if this is a PSU replacement time or there can be a way to troubleshoot it. If I have to replace the PSU, may I get some recommendations. Thanks alot.

Best Answer

• Georgengomes
    Georgengomes Member Posts: 2 New User
    Answer ✓
    billsey said:
    Your Aspire TC-780 uses a standard ATX supply, which requires the power enable signal from the motherboard to turn on. You could disconnect the PSU from the motherboard and jump those pins to see if the PSU turns on. Next, assuming the PSU is working, test the power switch for contact while pressed. If that is also good the issue is in the motherboard. :(
    Bought a new power supply for $60 working fine now. Thanks for the help!

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,679 Trailblazer
    Your Aspire TC-780 uses a standard ATX supply, which requires the power enable signal from the motherboard to turn on. You could disconnect the PSU from the motherboard and jump those pins to see if the PSU turns on. Next, assuming the PSU is working, test the power switch for contact while pressed. If that is also good the issue is in the motherboard. :(
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Georgengomes
    Georgengomes Member Posts: 2 New User
    Answer ✓
    billsey said:
    Bought a new power supply for $60 working fine now. Thanks for the help!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,679 Trailblazer
    Good to know, thanks!
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
This discussion has been closed.