Predator Helios 300: is it "safe" that my cpu work at a high clock speed?

Options
davellos24
davellos24 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Hi. I have a Predator Helios 300 (i7-10750h (2.6 gHz up to 5.0) rtx 2060). The problem is that the processor always runs above 4200 MHz, while, as I said before, its base is 2600MHz. Is it safe, normal, or it might be dangerous? Thanks.

Best Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    edited January 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    perfecly fine :) , as long as the CPU runs under 95c long term there is no harm for it to run fast! A few spikes above that is ok as well as long as its not sustained
  • davellos24

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi,
    Yes, it's safe, what happens when you switch to different Power plan in Power Options?

Wow, it drastically lower its speed to 3.5Ghz and below, might be useful when doing low performance tasks, so thanks!

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,157 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    Yes, it's safe, what happens when you switch to different Power plan in Power Options?

• davellos24

Tinkerer

Options
    PS: I forgot to mention that the cpu runs at that clock speed, even if im not doing or playing anything. For example, today I turned on the laptop and the cpu was running above 4200 MHz.
  • Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    edited January 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    perfecly fine :) , as long as the CPU runs under 95c long term there is no harm for it to run fast! A few spikes above that is ok as well as long as its not sustained
  • davellos24

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi,

Wow, it drastically lower its speed to 3.5Ghz and below, might be useful when doing low performance tasks, so thanks!