Virtualization not working P315-51

Options
JesseKnott
JesseKnott Member Posts: 4 New User
edited January 2021 in Predator Laptops
Hello! When I was reinstalling windows 10a while back I somehow got into the second advanced tab on the UEFI. Ever since that no matter what I have set on the UEFI for VT-x and VT-d, windows reports that vtx is disabled.
I tried uninstalling and removing everything I could for Hyper-v and am trying to install HAXM for developing android apps, but nothing I do will get HAXM to install.
The installer just says that vxd is not available or enabled. It also reports that hyper-v is still not disabled even though I've removed it using powers hell (admin) and turn on/off features. I've also even stopped the hypervisor to see if that could be causing this.
Intel CPU detector says it's a i7-8750 but that vtx is not available. Yet it's enabled in UEFI.
Can anyone help me get back to the second advanced tab, or atleast let me k ow how to change the CPU flag so it matches the setting in UEFI?
Computer is a predator helios 300 P315-51. Running windows 10 pro.

Thanks!
Cheers!

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Options
    From the main tab i think its cntrl+s to get into the other options.

In windows is core isolation enabled as this may also stop it from working, and is there any other AV products installed, as sometimes these enable and use HyperV

• JesseKnott
    Options
    Okay, I think I found the first part of my problem. I still cant get into the second advanced page, but I found how to get the hypervisor disabled so I could instal HAXM
    I had to run the following command from an administrator cmd
    bcdedit /set {current} hypervisorlaunchtype off

@Leostat Thanks for the info! I'll take a look there too!

Cheers!
  • JesseKnott
    Options
    @Leostat Thanks for the assist! I finally got it by my above steps, I then discovered that HAXM was indeed slower than having Hyper-V handle my hypervisor and emulator.
    I appreciate the help, and if you ever run across the process to get into the advanced BIOS/UEFI settings, I'd love to hear it! Sadly I can't even use XTU from Intel to do anything but a few minor voltage tweaks, all of the other settings (the ones I want) are greyed out.

Cheers!