A515-54G-5981 external UltraWide monitor capability?

Fenix34
Fenix34 Member Posts: 1 New User
Hi all,

I'm buying and external monitor, 29inch 2560x1080 resolution, suddenly I had a doubt: will my laptop support this resolution?

Normally I connect my laptop to my 4k TV screen whose resolution is supported, but there is no 2560x1080 among the options, I think due to the size of the TV. So I was wondering, will it be available on the monitor I'm going to buy?
My laptop is an Acer Aspire A515-54G-5981.
I can change the screen resolution only on Intel dedicated application for graphic. In Windows 10 settings the input fields are grayed out.

Here some pictures I took: 

Best Answer

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    So the reason its not show is probabley because the TV doesnt report that as a supported resolution even though it would be able to display it (with cropping). As you are able to about 4k I bet it would be detected and work should you plug it into a superwide as its pushing less pixels

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    So the reason its not show is probabley because the TV doesnt report that as a supported resolution even though it would be able to display it (with cropping). As you are able to about 4k I bet it would be detected and work should you plug it into a superwide as its pushing less pixels