M.2 SSD upgrade, Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-51-78Q1

tadasmak
tadasmak Member Posts: 3 New User
Hello guys,

I'm quite confused with the upgradability of m.2 ssd of this laptop, I tried to surf through the Internet to find any valuable information, however, I came here. How much storage does the motherboard support of m.2? I want to upgrade it to 1TB or possibly even to 2TB, but not sure, how much it supports. Somewhere I read it's 512GB, somewhere it's up to 1TB, or else. I have a m.2 ssd of 128GB and the other storage of 1TB HDD, since I've got my windows on 128GB ssd, and it's really small, I want to upgrade it.

Best Answer

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    My guess is that "offically" the slot has only been rated to run upto 512GB, but it may work with larger drivers. The spec doesnt have any upper or lower bounds for the storage so the limit would be something which is set by the UEFI , i doubt acer would have limited it to just 512, and bet pretty much ay size would work. I think a few oters on here have put  1/2TB in and its been fine 

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    My guess is that "offically" the slot has only been rated to run upto 512GB, but it may work with larger drivers. The spec doesnt have any upper or lower bounds for the storage so the limit would be something which is set by the UEFI , i doubt acer would have limited it to just 512, and bet pretty much ay size would work. I think a few oters on here have put  1/2TB in and its been fine