G9-591 is Throttling CPU + Fan is at 4000 RPM at low temps

Options
CidRaines
CidRaines Member Posts: 1 New User

I've been having this issue for the past few days where the CPU is stuck at 800mhz and the fan speed is a consistent 4000 RPM even when idling/low temps. I have tried a variety of troubleshooting steps including updating any drivers I could, updating the BIOS directly from the Acer website and resetting the BIOS to default settings. I even tried reinstalling Windows. Nothing seems to affect it. I can increase the CPU if I disable BD PROCHOT in ThrottleStop but the fan is still very loud and I'm concerned that there's a hardware issue with the temperature monitor. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Answers

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Options
    Hi CidRaines,

I am very sorry to hear that you're experiencing these issues with your Predator G9-591, can you please send me via private message, the serial number of your unit to better assist you with this matter? please keep in mind that the Acer community (Forum Discussions), were designed as a peer to peer support community where Acer users help other Acer users with their questions or troubleshooting inquiries.

Although this community is not a direct portal to Customer service, Acer employees may read the various topics posted here and you will notice that some Acer moderators may interact with members when appropriate. (case by case basis).But primarily the community is a place where members can exchange their own advice, ideas, articles with knowledge and troubleshooting techniques etc. The Acer community is not designed for a direct customer or tech support consultation, case  status, complaints, parts request etc, 

We do offer and are available 24/7 - for US and Canada: Phone: 1-866-695-2237 / Live Chat: (Available 5AM-2AM CST - US and Canada): Click to Chat

Thank in advance,
    Acer-Manny