Acer Predator G3610

Options
Jwee
Jwee Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

I have a Predator G3610.  I recently took a WD 3TB hard drive out of my NAS and was trying to use it as additional storage for the Predator.
So I connected the 3TB Hard Drive to the Hot Swap bay but instead of showing up as a 3TB, it shows up as a 746GB drive.

I googled and found the following, while it is not Acer Predator Specific, it may be related to the Predator.

https://www.partitionwizard.com/partitionmanager/3tb-drive-shows-746gb.html

To date,
- I have tried the suggested and changed the disk to a GPT, but it still does not work

I've  also tried to look for the 
- Intel® Rapid Storage Technology Driver for the Acer Predator G3610 but none is found on their website.  So I cannot tell if this is the cause.

Lastly, the article also mentioned something that some USB External enclosures are unable to recognize drives bigger than 2TB as possible causes.  Wondering if our hot swap bay is considered an "external enclosure" and if it is limited by a 2TB size limit??

I am hesitant to connect directly via SATA to the motherboard as I am not technically inclined.

Appreciate your advice.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,839 Trailblazer
    Options
    First fire up Disk Management and take a picture of what it see the drive as. Typically this type of issue is caused by the NAS which configured the drive in two parts, a 1TB and a 'what's left over' of 746GB. Once we can see how the OS sees it we can likely get it back to being one big 3TB drive...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.