Best Nvidia Graphics Card for KG271UAbmiipx

tjb300
tjb300 Member Posts: 3 New User
I'm not technical .... I got the Acer KG271Uabmiipx monitor as a gift for Christmas.  My current desktop is a Dell Inspiron 3000 (Model 3847) with a PCIe x16 GeForce  GT 705 2Gb DDR3 card with VGA, DVI & HDMI. Connecting DVI to Acer Monitor HDMI or HDMI to Acer Monitor HDMI shows no improvement over previous 10 year old dell screen.

Q1. What Nvidia graphics card will allow this to run at highest resolution on the Dell 3000 and does it need to have Display Port. 
Q2. If based on the age of the Computer 5 yrs old or the GT 705 card I should be thinking of a new computer (which I was already looking at ) then, what graphics card should I be looking for in this as well.

Many Thanks

Best Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,401 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    It should be fine. Nice card... :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • tjb300
    Answer ✓
    Thanks Billsey 

Answers

• billsey
    You should use DP rather than HDMI if you want the best performance while gaming. Any modern GPUs will run that at it's highest resolution, the GT705 is old enough that it's pretty close to maxed out.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • tjb300
    Billsey, thanks for coming back so quickly. I’ve decided to go for a new PC so just want to check with you that the GPU - NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1650 SUPER™ 4GB GDDR6 which is included will do the job for me on the Acer monitor. Thx Tom
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    It should be fine. Nice card... :)
  • tjb300
    Answer ✓
    Thanks Billsey