Help with vibration problem Predator G3-571

Options
Qua
Qua Member Posts: 1 New User
edited January 2021 in Predator Laptops
I'm newer to the laptop/computer business, so I don't know many bits and pieces. I don't know many of the part names... so excuse my ignorance, please.

Here are the details:
Laptop (Predator G3-571) is vibrating constantly, and very audible. 
It is not the f
ans, the bearings are fine and the fans themselves do not vibrate and do not increase vibration... from what I can tell. (and I did clean them and re-screw.
I did 
add a SSD to the additional slot, which works.

When fans are low/auto:
Vibration is felt on top of extra SSD (keyboard side) but when I check it from underneath, it's not that bad. However, the vibration *is* mainly on the right side.

When f
ans are turned on max:
Vibr
ations are not near the SSD, more towards the power/usb area...?

The vibr
ations begin as soon as I turn on the laptop. They seem to fade away at random points, sometimes gone completely, then they rev up again to the point where I can't hear the audio over the vibration. It sounds like... buzzing. 

I will try to answer as many questions as possible ;=;

Answers

• Ingrid-Acer
    Ingrid-Acer Administrator Posts: 3,308 Community Administrator
    Options
    Hello @Qua

I am sorry to hear you are having problems with your unit. Can you please send me via private message with your serial number so I can take a look, also if possible could please you include a video to illustrate the issue.

Although this community is not a direct portal to Customer service, Acer employees may read the various topics posted here and you will notice that some Acer moderators may interact with members when appropriate. But primarily the community is a place where members can exchange their own advice and  ideas. 

The Acer community is not designed for a direct customer or tech support, if you need direct support, please contact Acer support thought the contact the Acer support through the Chat or phone number 1-866-695-2237

Regards, 
    Acer-Ingrid