USB Ports not working on Desktop PC

Options
Jobie
Jobie Member Posts: 1 New User
Suddenly my wireless mouse stopped working, changed battery - nothing, tries alternative USB ports nothing, swapped mouse and keyboard with another pc nothing
So I have assumed the USB ports are not working, even changed battery on keyboard. I am unable to get into any troubleshooting due to mouse and keyboard not working - cant even ctrl, alt, delete
Any ideas ? thank you

Comments

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Options
    Do the ports work pre booting into windows? When you start the machine spam press f2 to see if you can get into the bios / uefi
  • Samuel-Acer
    Samuel-Acer Moderator Posts: 687 Moderator
    Options
    Hi @Jobie,

Please share the model name of your device Ex: AN515-XX-XX this will help the community members to provide best solution.

Regards,
    Acer-Samuel
  • sq7cat
    sq7cat Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    SAME PROBLEM -Suddenly my wireless mouse stopped working, changed battery - nothing, tries alternative USB ports nothing, swapped mouse and keyboard with another pc nothing
    So I have assumed the USB ports are not working, even changed battery on keyboard. I am unable to get into any troubleshooting due to mouse and keyboard not working - cant even ctrl, alt, delete
    Any ideas ? Acer xc-830 problems start straight from start up, no access to make changes