Replacing SATA Interface from my Acer Hard Drive

Options
Marxe
Marxe Member Posts: 2 New User
Hello everyone, 
Sorry for the question, I don't see hard drives in the list of products but maybe you can still help me. 

My hard drive SATA interface detached from the connector to the usb cable. I wanted to buy a connector or adapter for the hard drive like this one or this one, but they don't seem to have space for the interface. Can it  just be removed? 

Thanks a lot,

Marcela

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,838 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Is the drive in an external case normally, or from a laptop? Either way both of those options will work for using the physical drive as an external drive through a USB port. The first one might allow things to run a little faster than the second, USB 3.1 vs USB 3.0 speeds.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,838 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Is the drive in an external case normally, or from a laptop? Either way both of those options will work for using the physical drive as an external drive through a USB port. The first one might allow things to run a little faster than the second, USB 3.1 vs USB 3.0 speeds.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Marxe
    Marxe Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    It's an external drive. It just got detached. 
    Thanks!