Secure Boot Signature Error Aspire Model TC-885

EDDY76
EDDY76 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 2021 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

Yesterday, 2 of Acer Desktop Aspire Model TC-885 from different client fails with the Secure Boot Signature Error. Have disable the Secure Boot in Bios but still not able to fix it.

Have also tried many other settings to resolve but to not avail.

Stuck with 2 no boot PC. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    It could be that there has been a uefi update which has broken secure boot, or something that has gone wrong with windows. If you can, I would recomend first trying to repair the windows using the installer from a USB / DVD, and if that doesnt detect anything which needs fixing, you may be able to reset the secure boot keys in the security tab of the bios
  • EDDY76
    EDDY76 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks for the quick response. Yes I think you are correct. Problem is the hard drive is not recognize after I turn off secure boot. I have tried MS Repair but drive is not found. Something to do with UEFI or Legacy Settings?
  • Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    The drives cant be in legacy mode as they wont be detected, also secure mode needs to be on. After this should the drives should appear
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    There are some new viruses that can muck with the EFI image, and they would generate that type of error, since it would no longer match the Secure Boot image settings.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.