LAPTOP BLACK SCREEEN ph315-53-5462

MISTERM2001
MISTERM2001 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 2021 in Predator Laptops
Okay here is the problem. When I intend to shut down and turn on or restart the laptop, The screen are black but I can hear the predator Logo sound during startup. And I tried several option available for self fix like fixing rams, Cable flex, windows key + p or any of those available options to fix black screen. Doing those doesn't seems to work. HOWEVER, if I wait like about 3 or 4 hours after the shut down of the laptop. It's seems that the screen are turn on again . I am totally confused. Is it motherboard issues, display or battery? Because I can't turn off and on for short period of times but I can turn on the laptop after waiting for several hours. About display driver I am confused which needs to be checked whether the cpu or gpu. Any idea how to help ? If I just close my laptop and open in up again (means I put in sleep mode) the laptop can start the street without problem. Oh but if I press fn keys and sleep keys it seems to totally blackout and doesn't turn on anymore (display) . Hopefully you guys can help me 😭

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,441 Trailblazer
    Okay here is the problem. When I intend to shut down and turn on or restart the laptop, The screen are black but I can hear the predator Logo sound during startup. And I tried several option available for self fix like fixing rams, Cable flex, windows key + p or any of those available options to fix black screen. Doing those doesn't seems to work. HOWEVER, if I wait like about 3 or 4 hours after the shut down of the laptop. It's seems that the screen are turn on again . I am totally confused. Is it motherboard issues, display or battery? Because I can't turn off and on for short period of times but I can turn on the laptop after waiting for several hours. About display driver I am confused which needs to be checked whether the cpu or gpu. Any idea how to help ? If I just close my laptop and open in up again (means I put in sleep mode) the laptop can start the street without problem. Oh but if I press fn keys and sleep keys it seems to totally blackout and doesn't turn on anymore (display) . Hopefully you guys can help me 😭
    What is your laptops model number? Also, reset the "Power Options" (right click battery icon > bottom right corner of taskbar) and set it to "Balanced" and try that. With he graphics driver(s), you either have an NVIDIA or AMD or an integrated CPU Intel or AMD graphics, if you have an NVIDIA or AMD dedicated high end graphics then go to their site and download the latest driver for your graphics model, if you have the integrated CPU Intel or AMD graphics then go to AMD or with intel download their Driver & Support Assistant and that will update all the Intel drivers including the integrated GPU driver. try all that and see and let us know how you go? 
  • MISTERM2001
    MISTERM2001 Member Posts: 2 New User
    ,StevenGen said:
    What is your laptops model number? Also, reset the "Power Options" (right click battery icon > bottom right corner of taskbar) and set it to "Balanced" and try that. With he graphics driver(s), you either have an NVIDIA or AMD or an integrated CPU Intel or AMD graphics, if you have an NVIDIA or AMD dedicated high end graphics then go to their site and download the latest driver for your graphics model, if you have the integrated CPU Intel or AMD graphics then go to AMD or with intel download their Driver & Support Assistant and that will update all the Intel drivers including the integrated GPU driver. try all that and see and let us know how you go? 
    acer predator helios 300 ph315-53-5462. Ok i know I just posted this thread today but my problem occurs yesterday. Now that I turn my laptop again and again within short times, the computers seems fine. I was like wtf. I did what you said for the graphics driver for GPU but not CPU because I don't want it to overwrite the oem custom windows. Also for the power battery. So I am confused af now. It's okay today without I am doing anything. What was happen actually?