Very disappointed AN515-54-5812

Options
JustDon
JustDon Member Posts: 31 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited January 2021 in Nitro Gaming
Ordered Dec 25th 2020

Acer Nitro 5 Gaming Laptop, 9th Gen Intel Core i5-9300H, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650, 15.6" Full HD IPS Display, 8GB DDR4, 256GB NVMe SSD, Wi-Fi 6, Backlit Keyboard, Alexa Built-in, AN515-54-5812

won''t even power up so I'M sending it back.. Did I say disappointed. Even talked to Acer couldn't understand young man because of accent and my hearing explained that up front.
He said  charge it for 18 book did not say I need to charge it for 18 hours it said plug it in before powering it up. Lights blinked once and that was it. I was so pumped with the potential upgrade to this and even bought the stuff I needed  to do them with..

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Options
    Did you charge it? Sometimes batteries run down when in storage and need charger to be connected until battery is fully charged.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Samuel-Acer
    Samuel-Acer Moderator Posts: 687 Moderator
    Options

Hi @JustDon,

I am very sorry to hear this, unfortunately, the Acer Community is not a direct portal to Customer service, the Acer Forum Discussions were designed as a peer to peer support community where Acer users help other Acer users. Many Acer employees (Moderators), read the various topics posted here and you will notice that some Acer employees interact with members when appropriate, primarily we want the community to be a place where members can exchange their own advice and ideas.

Only your local support services can help you with this, the community is not an escalation channel, unfortunately.

Note:  This thread will be now closed.

Link: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact

Sorry for any inconveniences this has caused you,

Thank you,

Acer-Samuel

This discussion has been closed.