Concept D 7 Ezel EMR pen crashes

xelder
xelder Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Hi Everyone

Hi have a conceptD 7 Ezel and I wasn't able to use the pen yet because it crashes after a few seconds, first was the hand/fingers entering in connection with the pen, I than update all the drivers on acer site because the acer care centre doesn't and turn on palm rejection on windows but it keeps crashing. 

Did anyone had the same issues, was it a hardware or driver problem?
Should I install Wacom Components Driver version: 7.7-13?

At this point it seems like a pen defect because the touchscreen keeps working with the finger after the pen crash!! 

Thanks a lot for the help.
Cheers

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Does it generate any error messages when crashing? Does it put an entry into the Event Log?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • xelder

Tinkerer

Hi
    I didn't saw the event log! The pen stop working and the driver sometimes shows "!" in a triangle or it doesn't show nothing...like is working ok. If I disable and try to enable it gives a code 10 and says the driver can't start, sometimes I have to push it several times to reenable and sometimes it doesn't enable and I just give up. Yesterday it stop working and I didn't do anything and in the end of the day the pen some how started by here self!!
    Thanks
  • billsey
    OK, that helps some. The issue is intermittent so that makes it harder to find. Error code 10 is pretty much a generic "I couldn't start it" message, usually with a USB device. The pen looks like a USB mouse to the system, so tat makes sense. We now need to figure out if the issue is rooted in the USB hub at the lowest level or in the pen to laptop wireless connection. When it happens next look to see if there are any other error or warnings in Device Manager, especially in either USB section. You can also use Event Viewer to see if anything shows up at the same as the pen stops working, or starts working.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • xelder

Tinkerer

I sorry for only replying now but I've been in contact with acer care to solve this issue! Regarding your questions it doesn't show any error when the pen stops working and today I'm using a new pen they send me to see if that was the issue but it still unconnects after a wile. I might not be looking in the right places or not know what to look for in the USB section or Event Viewer!!
    I'm gone wait for them to guess it out if it's a driver or hardware issue...
    Thanks any way for all the help!!
  • billsey
    Please let us know how it comes out.
  • xelder

Tinkerer

Hi, it seems that the computer had an issue with the screen and acer care (plus) substitute for a new one. So I need to test it yet, but the few tests I've done with the Technician it seem alright! Thanks for the help.
  • billsey
    Good news, it's interesting the symptom would be pen crashes. But I can envision how a bad digitizer might give corrupted signals to the OS... And that could cause any number of weird responses.
  • xelder

Tinkerer

Yup and it had more issues with the touchpad and finger print reader...probably it was an assembly issue. Although  this finger print reader doesn't work well...just when he feels like it. thanks for the attention!! cheers