Acer S1002 Won't Boot From USB Image

njsimon19
njsimon19 Member Posts: 2 New User
I have an Acer S1002 that currently has Windows 10 on it. I am trying to revert back to Windows 8.1 via USB since Windows 10 has completely eaten up my hard drive. My issue is while trying to get space to do the horrendous updates for Win10, I deleted the old Win8.1 files. I don't have any recovery data for the old OS (purchased the tablet second hand) and am wanting to reinstall a fresh image. My tablet sees the USB but won't boot from it; instead it boots up the hard drive. What can I do to attempt to fix this? It's very frustrating.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Go into the BIOS and verify that the F12 boot menu is enabled and that secure boot is disabled. Then you should be able to use the F12 at bootup to choose the USB installer.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • njsimon19
    njsimon19 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Disabled the secure boot. F12 option is enabled but does not give the option to choose the USB installer. Instead it gives the options "Boot Manager" and "Setup" which does nothing but boots from the hard drive. Still not able to boot from USB
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    OK, how did you create the Windows installer flash drive? It might not be setup for UEFI boot, and wouldn't show up for that reason. Why are you installing Windows 8.1 instead of Windows 10? Support for 8.1 will be going away in not too long of a time.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.