Pop sound from mother board . Helios 300

Options
AmitSuthar
AmitSuthar Member Posts: 7 New User
This is Amit as of yesterday my laptop is not starting up and not reacting to charger , my laptop was on desk idle , no external devices connected and was not plugged in , I heard a pop sound and saw that my laptop is not working. 
It has been only 1 month since I bought the laptop 
. Can someone help me on this on . Is it under warranty or I have to get it repaired for someone else , help me out guys 

Best Answer

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Which region? A faulty motherbaord is definitely covered by the warranty. It covers any issue with the laptop not caused by software or accidental damage such as liquid spill. 

There is no way they can say it's not covered before you have even sent it in!

Answers

• Leostat
    Options
    If the laptop was a new purchase it will have a one year standard warranty. If something has gone wrong your two options would be to try to take it back to the place you bought it and have them deal with the faff.

Else you can contact Acer support though the website. The support website is here:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support

In the EU / UK heres a quick link to request a repair:
    https://customercare.acer-euro.com/customerselfservice/CaseBooking.aspx?CID=UK&LID=ENG&OP=1

make sure to take a copy of the SNID / serial number down before you send it off if you choose to, as this is whats used to track the repair status
  • AmitSuthar
    Options
    I call them and they said that motherboard pop is not covered under warranty... please help me .....it has been only 1 month since I bought the laptop 
  • Leostat
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Which region? A faulty motherbaord is definitely covered by the warranty. It covers any issue with the laptop not caused by software or accidental damage such as liquid spill. 

There is no way they can say it's not covered before you have even sent it in!
  • AmitSuthar
    Options
    Thank you ... I’ll call them again and get back at you 
  • AmitSuthar
    Options
    I’m in INDIA 
  • Leostat
    Options
    The India terms are here:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/w-terms

There isn't a specific exclusion on the mobo, but there is for electrical faults. So it depends what it's judged as, if you don't believe that any of these exclusions apply it's worth bringing it up and asking why they believe it isn't. 

• AmitSuthar
    Options
    But my laptop was not connected to my charger ...so they should do a warranty repair 
  • AmitSuthar
    Options
    This is Amit , I sent them my laptop , they said ‘accidental damage is not covered in warranty’... it was not accidental.... it should be covered u der warranty.. they refused to replace motherboard ...PLEASE help it haste been only 2 months since I bought the laptop 
  • AmitSuthar
    Options
    This part burned