WARRANTY

Options
DXD_IXRIL
DXD_IXRIL Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

What if I repair my laptop from other shops or store, does my laptop still have the warranty?

Best Answer

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If they find out then no, it's a specific exclusion (2.1.2.3) 
  • DXD_IXRIL
    DXD_IXRIL Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    thank you i just want to clean the fan inside my laptop because there's lots of dust in it but idk how to do it so i was planning to went to laptop shop to do it. BUT THANKS FOR YOUR ANSWER
  • Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Options
    No problem, it would also depend on your region then for just cleaning fans, if there are no warranty stickers. 

You would need to make sure there isn't a warranty void if removed sticker, and also that you had the right screwdriver set (I'm afraid I don't know which is needed :( ) but cleaning the fans is pretty simple 👍 you would be able to just remove the screws on the bottom, pop the latches and use a squeezy air bottle to blow out most the dust and put the back back on. Have a look at a teardown vid YouTube to see if that's something you would be comfortable to do. 

The three main risks (again if there's no warranty sticker :D ) is stripping screws, breaking a latch or bending on the bottom cover, or catching an internal component by accident.