Use headset mic with webcam

BodyInUniyYS
BodyInUniyYS Member Posts: 2 New User
I have a USB plug-and-play webcam with the mic, but I want to use my headset mic to record videos. When I press record I get an error code that says mic muted. Is there some way I can stipulate to use the headset mic instead of the webcam mic. In other words use the webcam camera but the headset mic for recording video? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Best Answer

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    There is, two ways first the software you are using to record may allow you to specify what input device to use by default. If not, right click the volume mixer, open sound settings, and then you can select which input mic you want to use.

You can also use the sounds tab to disable the input devices, or set differnt input devices for things like skype

Hope that helps 👍

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    There is, two ways first the software you are using to record may allow you to specify what input device to use by default. If not, right click the volume mixer, open sound settings, and then you can select which input mic you want to use.

You can also use the sounds tab to disable the input devices, or set differnt input devices for things like skype

Hope that helps 👍
  • BodyInUniyYS
    BodyInUniyYS Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks so much!!! :)