Does anyone know if/when acer plans on releasing new concept D 9 CN715-72P-788R

Options
ConceptDelighted
ConceptDelighted Member Posts: 5 New User
I love the concept D 9, but I don't want to purchase it now knowing the hardware is from last year. I hoping they are planning on updating it soon, but I can't seem to find anyone talking about online hoping you guys might know.

Also, I noticed they released the concept d 7 pro with a model number of CN715-72P-788R outside of the US. I appears the 71P version is the only thing currently on sale in the US store. Any idea if they plan on releasing it in the US any time soon?

I plan on this being my mobile workststion for video production, so I want to get the best of the best in hopes for the best performance in premiere pro.

I tried calling acer, but can't seem to get ahold of anyone.

Thanks!

Joe

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    The CES show is next week. If they are planning on offering a refresh of the design for 2021 it will likely be announced there or in Europe towards the end of the summer.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ConceptDelighted
    Options
    Ah I see. Thanks for letting me know. When they announce at CES how long after do they release? Summer?
  • billsey
    Options
    It depends, and there is usually no way to know. Sometimes they have already started filling the channel, but I've seen instances where it's been a year or so before the product actually shows up.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ConceptDelighted
    Options
    This is specifically the laptop I'm talking about that they don't seem to be offering in the US currently. https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IL/content/conceptd-model/NX.C62ET.003
  • billsey
    Options
    Looks like they were originally planning on shipping last month. They are likely running into the same delays in availability we've seen since the pandemic started.
  • ConceptDelighted
    Options
    Is acer sales support non existent? 
  • billsey
    Options
    Have you tried contacting them through the Acer Canada website? I know some of their support has been delayed due to the whole 'working from home' thing...