Aspire VX5 - can't get above 60 Hz

numzie
numzie Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

I have a VX5 with Nvidia GTX 1050 ti (and Intel HD 630 onboard).

I recently got an AOC 24G2 monitor as a present, but no matter what I do, I can't get my Hz above 60 in CSGO.

My laptop only has HDMI, so I connect the monitor (which supports 144 Hz also trough HDMI) with HDMI to my laptop.

I go to the Intel graphic options settings which let me set the refresh rate for the new monitor to 120 Hz (which I guess is the max for the HDMI 1.4b?).

When I enter CSGO, I can see the NVIDIA gfx is used as graphics controller, but I can't get it to run more then 60 Hz in 1920x1080. I believe I should be able to reach at least 120 Hz, right (through HDMI)?

As I can understand from a lot of googling, my VX5 HDMI port is handled by the onboard Intel HD 630 graphics card, but I can only find posts telling me that 630 supports 144 Hz through HDMI. The notification area also shows the Nvidia icon telling me 0 screens connected but several programs running on Nvidia (which I've set it to do).

Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/5m7E5qk.png

I hope someone can explain why it only runs 60 Hz in CSGO, when I've set the refresh rate at 120 Hz in the Intel graphics card settings - and whether I should be able to actually run 144 Hz also.

Answers