Predator PH315-52 full charge lasts for less than 10 minutes

Options
7ama
7ama Member Posts: 67 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
the laptop is less than one year old and the battery acts like a decade old battery.
is there any soulution?

Best Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,117 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Go to Device Manager, expand Batteries, right click "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control method battery" and select Properties, move to Driver tab and uninstall the driver, reboot and let Windows install the driver.
    Please post the HWmonitor snip again, Charge Level should be 100% and not 145%.
  • brummyfan2
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi,
    Go to Power Options, click Change Plan settings, click change advanced power settings, expand Battery and change the settings as in my snip, click Apply and OK.

• 7ama
    edited January 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    the solution 
    here is how it worked for me : 
    1- change the power option as it is mentioned above by @brummyfan2
    2- let the battery drain to zero
    3- after it shuts down from low battery try to turn it back on by pressing the power button to make sure there is no power left (even if there is 5%)
    4- fully charge and repeat 
    now for me, it went from 10 minutes to 1 hour half I'm pretty sure repeating the process would make it much better
    to see if there have been any good changes make sure your record your previous designed capacity in HWMonitor and compared it with the one you before the process, if it's more then it means that it worked.

THANK YOU @brummyfan2

• brummyfan2
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You are welcome, I would like to suggest you not to discharge the battery completely(0%) before recharging, when it reaches 5% you have to connect AC adapter and fully charge to 100%, also avoid gaming only on battery, it's advisable to connected to mains while gaming even if the battery is fully charged.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    Could you please download and install HWmonitor, run it and post the Battery section like in my snip.
    HWMONITOR | Softwares | CPUID

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Options
    Its worth checking the battery wear, sounds like something is deffinatly wrong! If you run
    powercfg /batteryreport

In an admin terminal you will get a bit more info about the battery wear. This will spit out a HTML report that will give you historic wear and the cycle count of the battery and tell you about the battery health without having to install anything.

You may need to re-calibrate the battery by charging to 100, draining to 0, and charging to 100. This sometimes will bring up the capacity to much higher. I dont think the bottom of your laptop has a battery disconect pin hole does it?
  • 7ama
    Options
    Hi,
    Could you please download and install HWmonitor, run it and post the Battery section like in my snip.
    HWMONITOR | Softwares | CPUID

here is the screenshot

• 7ama
    Options
    Leostat said:
    Its worth checking the battery wear, sounds like something is deffinatly wrong! If you run
    powercfg /batteryreport

In an admin terminal you will get a bit more info about the battery wear. This will spit out a HTML report that will give you historic wear and the cycle count of the battery and tell you about the battery health without having to install anything.

You may need to re-calibrate the battery by charging to 100, draining to 0, and charging to 100. This sometimes will bring up the capacity to much higher. I dont think the bottom of your laptop has a battery disconect pin hole does it?
    no, it doesn't have any pins. it's helios 300 2019 model

• 7ama
    Options
    here is another photo
  • brummyfan2
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Continue to connected to AC adapter after the battery is fully charged(100%), post the HWMonitor snip.
  • 7ama
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Continue to connected to AC adapter after the battery is fully charged(100%), post the HWMonitor snip.

here is the full charge 

• 7ama
    Options
    full charge unplugged

• brummyfan2
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Go to Device Manager, expand Batteries, right click "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control method battery" and select Properties, move to Driver tab and uninstall the driver, reboot and let Windows install the driver.
  • 7ama
    Options
    posting on zero percent

• brummyfan2
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi,
    Go to Power Options, click Change Plan settings, click change advanced power settings, expand Battery and change the settings as in my snip, click Apply and OK.

• 7ama
    edited January 2021
    Options
    how about now?
    now it says it's going to last more than one hour but I guess it still can do better

• 7ama
    edited January 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    the solution 
    here is how it worked for me : 
    1- change the power option as it is mentioned above by @brummyfan2
    2- let the battery drain to zero
    3- after it shuts down from low battery try to turn it back on by pressing the power button to make sure there is no power left (even if there is 5%)
    4- fully charge and repeat 
    now for me, it went from 10 minutes to 1 hour half I'm pretty sure repeating the process would make it much better
    to see if there have been any good changes make sure your record your previous designed capacity in HWMonitor and compared it with the one you before the process, if it's more then it means that it worked.

THANK YOU @brummyfan2

• brummyfan2
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You are welcome, I would like to suggest you not to discharge the battery completely(0%) before recharging, when it reaches 5% you have to connect AC adapter and fully charge to 100%, also avoid gaming only on battery, it's advisable to connected to mains while gaming even if the battery is fully charged.