Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-53 Temps concerning?

NuxCr0SS
NuxCr0SS Member Posts: 1 New User
edited January 2021 in Predator Laptops
Specs - 10750H 10th Gen Intel CPU / NVIDIA GEFORCE 2060 RTX .

In August when I bought this laptop, it was a great experience, I was gaming just fine, In DMC 5 at max settings I would be getting up to 85-89 degrees Celsius on CPU temps. In other games like Yakuza 0 I would always keep the settings at max and my avg temps listed from Predator Sense would state the CPU temps were around 72-78 degrees Celsius. Now lately I've been playing much Final Fantasy XIV and my temperatures that used to calmly rest between 70-85 when I started playing are now between 82 and 92 degrees Celsius 3 months later after starting. I went back and tried some of my older games I played like Yakuza 0 and now my temps almost instantly shoot up to 86-92, which gives me anxiety.

When this began to occur I looked for multiple fixes. I opened it up and there was no damage to the fans or dust inside, completely clean. I checked the software to see if anything was outdated that could be causing this and nothing changed. I got paranoid about my settings and tried a couple of fixes and optimizations which created no change either. My only last conclusion is that the machine needs a new thermal paste but I wanted to go to the community first before sending my laptop in to see if anyone else is experiencing similar issues.

I am still very much a novice in gaming and I wanted to know if there is any other possible fixes I haven't tried yet or some noob mistake I overlooked that could be causing this strict change in temps, is this normal, is an 82-92 range of temps in almost every game even safe? I'm just very concerned for the longevity of my Acer Predator Helios 300 and I would appreciate any feedback

Answers

• Joll1ty
    Joll1ty Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

I'm having the same issue. Repasting did nothing for me. What I've noticed is that the predator sense software ramps up the cpu temps too from like mid 40's to 70's. It didnt do this before. Im not sure what is causing this.  One fix is to keep predator sense minimized. This lowers temps to sane levels however as long as the PS window is open temps spike like crazy. 
  • Dheeraj25
    Dheeraj25 Member Posts: 8 New User
    T'S NOT MY SOLUTION I HAVE FOUND IT IN THE ACER COMMUNITY BUT IT WORKED FOR ME MY LAPTOP PH315-53 SPEC ARE  I5 10TH GEN RTX 2060 ADD NEW BATTERY POWER OPTION AND CHANGE THE FREQUENCY IN IT
    2. Confirm all actions and complete the installation.
    3. Go to Control Panel -> Power Options -> Advanced Settings.
    4. Open the Processor Power Management section and go to Maximum Processor Frequency.
    5. Set Plugged In Value to -> Total MHz - 500MHz(E.g. if you have 4100MHz, set it to 3600MHz).

6. Apply the settings.

Note: The change above will not affect Intel Turbo Boost technology. Your CPU will still use Intel Turbo Boost.

I hope that after the steps above you should be able to run your game as smooth as they were before without a temperature issue.
    The temperature should be between 80° - 88°

Simply like the comment if you found it helpful.
    Enjoy your games!
  • Pb101
    Pb101 Member Posts: 31 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    I don't have your model (I have the 2019 model) but probably the easiest solution is to get a laptop cooling pad with fans that has legs on the back that can raise your laptop off the surface. I can usually drop a good 5degC off CPU and GPU temps this way.

Those temps looks pretty normal to me. Gaming laptops run hot.

You can also try reducing your in game settings.