Types of SATA connectors on the ACER mobo AN517-52-52T3

SATAcableismissing
SATAcableismissing Member Posts: 6 New User
edited January 2021 in Nitro Gaming
How many types  SATA connectors on the different ACER MoBo exist?
There are flat ribbon cables that have approximately 12 parallel metal thin film layer lanes and are held down with a plastic clip that can be opened and closed. some of these ribbons seem to have bigger side wings. AN517-52-52T3 seems to have no such flap that could be opened. What cable is missing here?

Answers

• SATAcableismissing
    edited January 2021

Have AN517-52-52T3.

NHQ82AA001XXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXX

The SATA cable is missing. Can you please provide the missing cable because I need to install a SATA drive and was totally surprised by the missing part? It seems deliberately difficult to get in contact with anyone at ACER. The account creation process does not work.

The password reset process does not work.

Users are guided to a for fee 3rd party help that is completely unhelpful.

Why would this basic part be sold as an extra fee?

[Thread edited to remove inappropriate or personal content]
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,426 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Are you trying to install a 2.5" HDD? If so, you need a bracket and a SATA cable, connector on the MB is marked with orange circle in my snip.
    Part number for the cable: 50.Q7KN2.005
    If you need a bracket, the part number: 33.Q7LN2.001
    50.Q7KN2.005 Acer CABLE.HDD.FFC Cable | | Zandparts | Zandparts

• SATAcableismissing
    edited January 2021

Thank you very much for the super fast response with a picture.
    I did not receive the SATA cable which seems to be a common problem with ACER.
    Your connector seems white and has probably the flap to open and close for a flat ribbon cable mine is dark gray and has metal connectors visible. I did unfortunately not take a image when I had the device open.  At this time I believe I have a different connector but perhaps I was looking at the wrong area on the board. I will open the device again.

I have

AN517-52-52T3.

NHQ82AA001XXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXX

Pleasesee this:
    https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Predator-PH315-51-Connector-50-Q3FN2-002/dp/B07DLRKP4S#customerReviews
    https://www.amazon.com/AN715-51-AN515-52-AN515-53-52FA-AN515-54-NBX0002C000/dp/B07TVDF164#customerReviews

There must be another type of connector.

[Edited comment to delete sensitive information]
  • brummyfan2
    No problem, some components are interchangeable between different models, please share the picture of the connector in your laptop.
  • SATAcableismissing
    edited January 2021

I filled the form and ony received the following message:

There was a problem with your request...

Part number NH.Q82AA.001 is not valid for this form.

If you feel this is in error, you may contact Acer Support.

I am trying to contact Acer support already for about aweek for this missing part that should have been inside the laptop already.

Have AN517-52-52T3.

The SATA cable is missing. Can you please provide the missing cable because I need to install a 2.5” SATA drive and was totally surprised by the missing part? It seems deliberately difficult to get in contact with anyone at ACER. The account creation process does not work.

The password reset process does not work.

Users are guided to a for fee 3rd party help that is completely unhelpful.

Why would this basic part be sold as an extra fee? It could be inside and secured with a piece of tape.

There seem to be different kind of motherboard connectors and it is not clear which is needed.

Unfortunately, the SATA cable is missing for me and apparently a lot of other people too.  ACER is making this very difficult.

I had to spend a substantial fraction of my holidays and I hope there is finally a resolution.

[Thread edited to remove inappropriate or personal content]
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,767 Trailblazer
    Sorry,  dangling laptop cables & empty brackets aren't usually supplied without a factory-installed 2.5" HDD. It's a standard laptop mainboard 2.5" SATA3 internal ribbon cable that's often included with whatever 2.5" SSD/HDD you decide to buy. You can try to request the ACER part no  50.A4VN2.003 which is like most other laptop cables except for length. Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• SATAcableismissing
    The connector actually opens up,  hence a ribbon type connector will work.
    Thanks for encuraging to try that.

• SATAcableismissing
    Since Christmas, I am trying to install the 2.5" SATA disk that I originally installed in a Sony Laptop that, of cause, had the bracket and wire for that type of laptop in it. With ACER it is not in the laptop or the box and once I get informed of that I need 50.A4VN2.003 part number it seems to be mainly for European vendors.
    Is there a different number the the USA market?
  • brummyfan2
    edited January 2021
    No problem, yes they might have slightly changed the connector design in this model.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,767 Trailblazer
    Sorry, it's the only part number from the A517-52 specsheet. Send a web messagel or call ACER spares supplier cdsparts tomorrow to see if they can get it for you. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ