Battery capacity aspire 3

Fadhil20
Fadhil20 Member Posts: 27

Tinkerer

edited January 2021 in Aspire Laptops
I have been using my aspire 3 for almost a month now and I constantly check my battery capacity. And I have notice that it sometime it doesn't charge to the available capacity and sometimes over the available capacity. For instance when I first check it it had 35592mA and after a few days it drops to 35009mA and recently it was at 34952mA and yesterday it was back up at 35009mA. I don't understand why does this happen. And when ever I removed the charger from 100% it's shows it's at 98%. The laptop is always plugged in and it doesn't drain the battery more than 10% in a week so it's almost unexplainable to me. So if anyone could help? 

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    You're observing wear-capacity & charge-level variations of less than 2%. The battery monitoring software simply isn't that good. I recommend that you stop constantly checking and fretting over your battery capacity and enjoy the machine. Check the capacity again in about 6 months to see how much wear has occurred. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    You're observing wear-capacity & charge-level variations of less than 2%. The battery monitoring software simply isn't that good. I recommend that you stop constantly checking and fretting over your battery capacity and enjoy the machine. Check the capacity again in about 6 months to see how much wear has occurred. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ