migrated drive from predator laptop, windows still thinks its the laptop, cant instal predator 300

Options
jakub
jakub Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited January 2021 in Predator Desktops
i moved my drive from my predator helios 300 to a orion 3000 desktop (po3-600) and the model in windows is still the laptop model and beacuse of this i can't install the right predator sense driver

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    Yes, that's expected, because everything setup on the drive is for the Helios. Better would be to just copy the files you want from the Helios to the Orion and use the drive that came with it.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • jakub
    jakub Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Options
    thing is that the helios drive is larger, could i make a carbon copy of the orion drive and just write it to the helios drive (after backing it up) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    Yup, make sure you do the backup and that it works so you can recover if needed. There are lots of cloning apps out there. If the Helios drive is larger then things should be simple, no need for the cloning app to resize the C: drive smaller. Ideally you'd be doing this with a third drive, so you could clone B to C, then A to B, then C to A, freeing C back up for other uses...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.