Why I my new RAM isn't working properly? (Predator PH317-51)

Pyra2501
Pyra2501 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited January 2021 in Predator Laptops
About month ago I bought a ram kit HyperX 16GB 2666MHz (I had 8 GB 2400MHz), instaled it and in games like war thunder, forza horizon 3, GTA V i have less fps than I had on 8GB. I thought that updaiting a BIOS would help and it didn't. Please help because I don't know what to do.

Site where I bouhgt my ram: https://www.x-kom.pl/p/345943-pamiec-ram-sodimm-ddr4-hyperx-16gb-2x8gb-2666mhz-cl15-impact-black.html

Best Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,859 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Pyra2501 said:
    About month ago I bought a ram kit HyperX 16GB 2666MHz (I had 8 GB 2400MHz), instaled it and in games like war thunder, forza horizon 3, GTA V i have less fps than I had on 8GB. I thought that updaiting a BIOS would help and it didn't. Please help because I don't know what to do.

Site where I bouhgt my ram: https://www.x-kom.pl/p/345943-pamiec-ram-sodimm-ddr4-hyperx-16gb-2x8gb-2666mhz-cl15-impact-black.html
    The HYPER X is not compatible with your NITRO 5, its an overclocked memory that lowers performance, the only way is for your to reset the bios memory, see guides on the web if you can do that? Be careful as anything to do with bios can damage your system and is not recommended. You should have figured (with cmd prompt commands for memory) that is appropriate first and that is suitable and not bought unsuitable ram. 
  • Pyra2501
    Answer ✓
    StevenGen said:
    Pyra2501 said:

The HYPER X is not compatible with your NITRO 5, its an overclocked memory that lowers performance, the only way is for your to reset the bios memory, see guides on the web if you can do that? Be careful as anything to do with bios can damage your system and is not recommended. You should have figured (with cmd prompt commands for memory) that is appropriate first and that is suitable and not bought unsuitable ram. 

Well thanks for helping, but I don't have a nitro 5. I have a helios predatror 300.
  • StevenGen
    edited January 2021 Answer ✓
    Pyra2501 said:
    Sorry about the error with your PH317-51, my mistake but, that is even more and why the HYPER X is not compatible with your PH317-51. There are allot of guides which are not accurate and that is why you need to research all memory aspects of your PH317-51 through cmd prompt info guides and certain software like CPUz, to see what your OEM is and what memory you can install. There are certain criteria's of your bios cpu and chipset that govern memory speeds and timings and/or what overclocking or overclocked memory your PH317-51 can handle, look these guides up and investigate as there is no magic pill to fix an incompatible memory, well you can, if your bios has settings for memory timing mod. which is another field and is pretty involved and can cause damage. Good luck.

Answers

• StevenGen
    Answer ✓
    Pyra2501 said:

• Pyra2501
    Answer ✓
    StevenGen said:
    Pyra2501 said:

Well thanks for helping, but I don't have a nitro 5. I have a helios predatror 300.
  • StevenGen
    edited January 2021 Answer ✓
    Pyra2501 said:
    Sorry about the error with your PH317-51, my mistake but, that is even more and why the HYPER X is not compatible with your PH317-51. There are allot of guides which are not accurate and that is why you need to research all memory aspects of your PH317-51 through cmd prompt info guides and certain software like CPUz, to see what your OEM is and what memory you can install. There are certain criteria's of your bios cpu and chipset that govern memory speeds and timings and/or what overclocking or overclocked memory your PH317-51 can handle, look these guides up and investigate as there is no magic pill to fix an incompatible memory, well you can, if your bios has settings for memory timing mod. which is another field and is pretty involved and can cause damage. Good luck.