Strange Noise Coming from my Predator Laptop, HELP 300 Please

Options
GazCooke94
GazCooke94 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 2021 in Predator Laptops
Hello everybody, this is my first time posting on any kind of forum but I am in need of your guys' expertise! Okay so before I say what the problem is the model I have is the Predator Helios 300 with the Intel Core i7-7700HQ and GTX1060. Okay so basically about 2 months ago it started making a strange noise almost like something was catching, while playing a game it would be really bad then sometimes it would be alright but also sometimes while just in the desktop sitting idle it would make the noise, I have taken the back off to have a look at the blades on the fans to see one is damaged or if something is catching but no dice! So I was hoping if one of you nice people would be able to help me by listening to the sound and maybe some of you have had something similar? this leads me onto the *atm* bigger problem I have, apart from the noise it was making the laptop itself was running fine, no problem but I feel I may have made the situation worse by opening the back up because when I put it back on and switched the laptop back on my hard drive was being detected but when I went to click on it through file explorer it would freeze my laptop! :anguished: so I opened the back up once more and noticed the small ribbon cable which connects to the motherboard I have opened and closed the laptop 4 times now and connected the ribbon cable for the hard drive but I have been unsuccessful and I now experience frequent crashes on start up and at random times! if anybody on here is able to help me out it would really go a long way! hope to get a reply, thanks again and hope everyone on here has a great new year!  

Answers