Ryzen 5 3500U CPU Clock Speed Drops While Gaming (A315-42G-R25U)

Cormorant
Cormorant Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

I getting low fps on games for 2 months abnormally. I check my Cpu tempeture but it was normal. Then i notice my Cpu clock speed is goes back and forth between 0,5 ghz and 1,5 ghz (normally max 3,6 ghz) and never used on 100% when i play any game or deal with something using processor. And then i notice the processor was receiving 5W (normally it was above 12W) There is something in stress tests that immobilizethe speed and percentage of use. I'm not sure the problem is hardware. If there is a software solution I want you to help. I am so moody for this topic.

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    OK. Go to this link for downloading the BIOS v1.12 update that covers the latest Win10 major release. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Control Panel power plan must be set to performance mode, battery near 100% charged and charger plugged in BEFORE starting game for maximum play time. This is because under heavy loads the battery sometimes needs to supplement charger power output and thus starts discharging. When the battery discharges below about 50%, power to CPU is automatically reduced so battery can start charging again. Thus you should start to see CPU frequency fluctuating at this point. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Cormorant

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Control Panel power plan must be set to performance mode, battery near 100% charged and charger plugged in BEFORE starting game for maximum play time. This is because under heavy loads the battery sometimes needs to supplement charger power output and thus starts discharging. When the battery discharges below about 50%, power to CPU is automatically reduced so battery can start charging again. Thus you should start to see CPU frequency fluctuating at this point. Jack E/NJ 
    I'm already always playing with the charger and i play with set to performance mode.
  • JackE
    Yes, but is battery near 100% charged BEFORE you start the game? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Cormorant

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Yes, but is battery near 100% charged BEFORE you start the game? Jack E/NJ
    It's always 100%
  • JackE
    Open Control Panel. Search 'power plan'. Click 'edit power plan' in the left pane. Click 'change advanced power settings' Click 'processor power management' folder. Click 'maximum process state' subfolder. Set both settings to 100%. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Cormorant

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Open Control Panel. Search 'power plan'. Click 'edit power plan' in the left pane. Click 'change advanced power settings' Click 'processor power management' folder. Click 'maximum process state' subfolder. Set both settings to 100%. Jack E/NJ

These are already set. Please help me, what can i do?
  • JackE
    Open Control Panel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point'. If System Protection is turned on in the box that pops up, click the System Restore button. Click next. Do you see an automatic restore point with a date stamp that approximately coincides with when the speed dropped? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Cormorant

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Open Control Panel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point'. If System Protection is turned on in the box that pops up, click the System Restore button. Click next. Do you see an automatic restore point with a date stamp that approximately coincides with when the speed dropped? Jack E/NJ
    No, I resetted it 2 times after this happened
  • JackE
    How did you reset it? A full erase everything factory reset. Or only a partial save your files refresh? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Cormorant

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    How did you reset it? A full erase everything factory reset. Or only a partial save your files refresh? Jack E/NJ
    First time i reset everything without Windows but that didn't work. Then i did factory reset with reload Windows but that didn't work again. In addition, why may the CPU be low power? I checked the power coming to the notebook from adapter but it's normal.
  • JackE
    Press WIN+R. Enter 'msinfo32'. Please post screenshot of result. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Cormorant

Tinkerer

There is system summary.
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    OK. Go to this link for downloading the BIOS v1.12 update that covers the latest Win10 major release. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Cormorant

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    I have been following the bios updates for a while, I did not notice this update. It worked greatly, thank you bro.
  • JackE
    Congrats.  Thanks for reporting back. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

This discussion has been closed.