High GPU Desktop Window Manager after Windows update 20h2

Options
Yordanotow
Yordanotow Member Posts: 10 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello guys, i wanna ask you after the new win update i have high gpu on dwm.exe Desktop Window Manager.. And still im not even watching video or something. When i connect my 2nd monitor and its go too big. Before the update i didnt have that problems...
Acer Nitro 5, Ryzen 7 4800h, 1650 TI

Answers

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    edited December 2020
    Options
    What software did you install? I am on windows 20H2 on all my laptops and on all of them this is pretty much at 0 usage.
    Right click on it and select "open file location" and see what that program is. Check your system for any malware or virus.

Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Yordanotow
    Options
    sri369 said:
    What software did you install? I am on windows 20H2 on all my laptops and on all of them this is pretty much at 0 usage.
    Right click on it and select "open file location" and see what that program is. Check your system for any malware or virus.

dwm.exe Is the program and that happend when i have 2nd monitor connected and i dont have viruses.. Its just start after instal of 20H2 update..

• sri369
    Options
    sri369 said:

dwm.exe Is the program and that happend when i have 2nd monitor connected and i dont have viruses.. Its just start after instal of 20H2 update..

Is that a 4k monitor? I did notice sometimes this spiking up when connected to a 4k monitor. My laptops have only one display out, so can connect only one, and none of them have this spiked for one display (at HD, not 4k).
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Yordanotow
    Options
    sri369 said:
    sri369 said:

Is that a 4k monitor? I did notice sometimes this spiking up when connected to a 4k monitor. My laptops have only one display out, so can connect only one, and none of them have this spiked for one display (at HD, not 4k).
    No its normal FullHD monitor ASUS 24"
  • sri369
    Options
    sri369 said:
    sri369 said:

No its normal FullHD monitor ASUS 24"
    The only thing I can suggest further is a clean install of 20H2.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------