Wireless Network Adapter in Acer Aspire 4720Z

DakshSingh
DakshSingh Member Posts: 47 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited January 2021 in Aspire Laptops
i am just going to upgrade my wifi from 2.4Ghz to 5ghz but when i open my wifi connection setting in my windows 10 operating system, the wifi name just does not show up, but the wifi name of the 2.4Ghz shows up. i tried to research about it but found out that I should upgrade my network adapter driver from 801.11 b Preamble to 801.11n . Can anyone tell how to do so and if not then can you suggest what shall I do? I also tried to search about the wifi usb dongle, can you suggest me a good one?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Does your router support 5GHz? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• DakshSingh
    Absolutely😅😅, that was what I was asking for, can my PC meet the requirements for it or has there need to be a change done
  • JackE
    Open Device Manager. Click network adapters folder. Right click properties on wifi adapter. Click advance tab. Click preferred band option. Change from 'no preference' to 5GHz band. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• DakshSingh
    See for yourself

• JackE
    Sorry, The AR5007eg is a very old single-band 2.4GHz card.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• DakshSingh
    any solutions such as a wifi USB or anything
  • JackE
    Yes, you  have the option of  replacing the single-band card with a dual-band card such as in this link.   One user with the exact same model as your's reported it "Tripled my internet speed". There are other dual-band cards that should also work  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• DakshSingh
    I have one more question, i have downloaded Chrome OS on my windows 10 laptop but it factory resetted my windows 10 operating system. So i am currently working in Chrome OS. I want to switch back to windows 10. I have a USB, i tried booting the USB by the chrome recovery utility ( I have the windows 10 ISO), but it doesn't boot and shows that it doesn't have an operating system. I also tried by downloading the media creation tool on the chrome os but it doesn't seem to help( as the usb is not booting with the chrome recovery utility). There is no problem in the usb stick as I have booted windows 10 from it quite a few times. Please help me out.🥺🥺
  • JackE
    Insert the Win10 installation stick. Turn the machine on and immediately start tapping the F12 key. A boot menu should appear to allow you to boot from the Win10 installation stick. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• DakshSingh
    Yeah but it shows that there is no operating system on it 🥺🥺
  • JackE
    Then re-do the stick or another stick with the media creation tool for a legacy BIOS.  Or download the Win10 iso and prepare a stick using Rufus. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• DakshSingh
    The Rufus tool didn't open in the chrome OS, so I did it from a windows PC. Can you help me out how to transfer files between windows 10 and windows 7 in a dual boot. I need to transfer files from the downloads of the Windows 10 2 Windows 7. 
  • JackE
    Yes, Rufus only works in Windows. Are you now trying to dual boot Win10 & Win7 on your 4720z? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• DakshSingh
    What I have done is is that I installed Windows 10 from a USB stick from another PC and booted it into my system. For this I had to convert my I disk type from GPT to MBR by opening the command prompt (shift + F10 )in the BIOS. I installed Windows 10 on a particular partition and Windows 7 on another partition. I downloaded Windows 10 first and then dual booted Windows 7. I had previously downloaded some files on Windows 10 from the internet and want to transfer it to Windows 7. So that is what I was asking for how should I do that? 
  • JackE
    If you can't see the Win10 partition in Win7, then the easiest way is to simply copy the downloaded files to a USB stick in Win10. Then copy them from the USB stick in Win7. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• DakshSingh
    i was thinking that i shall transfer them without booting into win 10, is there any way, as i am unable to view any of win 10 files on win 7
  • JackE
    Yes, by booting the machine with a live LinuxMint Cinnamon GUI pendrive. Then you can copy directly from the Win10 partition to the Win7 partition because Linux sees all partitions from its own version FileExplorer. And if you actually started to use LinuxMint Cinnamon, you would probably never want to use Win7 or Win10 again.  :)   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE

Jack E/NJ

• DakshSingh
    Hey I wanted to ask one thing about the zoom cloud meetings, what will happen if we report an ID from the past meetings if the user to be reported has not been logged or signed into zoom from his/her device ?

I mean to say that there are some people who create nuisance in the meeting and we need to identify them, so what will happen if the person coming into the meeting is not signed into his zoom account, and can zoom identify the device, it's IP address and it's location

PLZ THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT 🙏🏻

• JackE
    Check for solutions on the Zoom forums since this is not an ACER application. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ