need help , additional ssd for Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55-544R (NH.Q7NSA.006)

sakinator
sakinator Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi All ,

just need you help to upgrade my laptop storage with a additional SSD

wanted to know if the model Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55-544R  supports additional m2 ssd and will it support pciexpress 3 or 4 ?

also wanted to know if i am allowed to upgrade it myself or shall i get it done from service center to avoid warranty issues ?

also can some one suggest me a budget m2 ssd 500 or 512 gb ?

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,279 Trailblazer
    edited December 2020
    sakinator said:
    Hi All ,

just need you help to upgrade my laptop storage with a additional SSD

wanted to know if the model Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55-544R  supports additional m2 ssd and will it support pciexpress 3 or 4 ?

also wanted to know if i am allowed to upgrade it myself or shall i get it done from service center to avoid warranty issues ?

also can some one suggest me a budget m2 ssd 500 or 512 gb ?

Thee is reference(s) to your questions in this post on this community Upgrading Ram and SSD for Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55 this is for an AN515-55-53AG but at Crucial memory and SSD's here: Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | acer | aspire nitro series | Nitro AN515-55 | Crucial.com there is NO reference to any M.2 SSD for either the Nitro 5 AN515-55 or the AN515-55-53AG? Which is very strange and probably wrong, as the communities post is for an AN515-55-53AG (see caption below) as it has  2x M.2 SSD slots but Crucial doesn't quote NOT even one for either, strange? =) To make sure, its best for you to check it physically and open the back cover.

As far as warranty is concerned, updating memory and drives does not void your warranty but, your AN515-55-544R has to be opened by completely removing the back cover, it does not have specific individual covers for memory and/or drives to be opened for upgrading purposes. Don't open your laptop unless you know how and what you are doing and have the proper tools and you don't damage anything and/or short any circuitry out. Use the proper tools and an anti static band before opening and doing anything on your under warranty laptop, as and if any damage is inflicted to any components and/or circuitry, it will void your warranty.