Upgrading Ram and SSD for Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55-53AG

johnny711
johnny711 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited November 2020 in Nitro Gaming
Sup guys, new acer owner here. Also a semi-laptop upgrading newbie. 
Received my new Acer Nitro AN515-55-53AG yesterday, works like a charm. Want to add in an additional 8gb ram stick as well as an internal m.2 SSD. 
Heres a picture of my mobo:

As you can see, it has an open slot for an additional Ram stick and SSD.
According to CPU-Z as well as my own eyes, the preinstalled ssd is an Western Digital PC SN530 NVme SSD:

The preinstalled ram stick is an SK Hynix 8GB DDR4 PC4-25600 3200MHz 260-Pin CL22 1.2v:

I want to add in another ram stick as well as m.2 SSD. I want them to match almost exactly with the components I already have in my laptop, in order to prevent any future compatibility errors. 

I found 2 places where the ram sticks appear to match. Can anyone confirm that they will be compatible with my system?
https://www.amazon.com/Hynix-PC4-25600-3200MHz-260-pin-SODIMM/dp/B0898NRLXR/ref=mp_s_a_1_30

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SK-hynix-8GB-1Rx8-PC4-DDR4-2666-3200-MHz-Laptop-RAM-1-2V-
HMA81GS6CJR8N/274472061920?hash=item3fe7cf4be0:g:fNEAAOSwcqxfRWYP
 (3200 mhz model)

For the m.2 SSD, I have found a Western Digital PCie NVme ssd: 
https://www.amazon.com/Blue-SN550-500GB-NVMe-Internal/dp/B07YFF3JCN/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?
dchild=1&keywords=western%2Bdigital%2Bpcie%2Bnvme%2Bssd&qid=1600012376&sr=8-5&th=1&psc=1

Please confirm that this will be compatible with my system.

^^Open ssd slot

Thanks,

Answers

• johnny711

Tinkerer

Also want to ask, since im just adding a second m.2 SSD, no cloning software is needed right?
  • johnny711

Tinkerer

If you have any suggestions for ram sticks, let me know!
  • shankz
    shankz Member Posts: 2 New User
    hey I want to add a 1tb hdd can you give me link that I can add to my an515-55 laptop
  • About ram, can you send some screenshots of the settings using cpuz? I think you can use a pair of hyper66 memories of 2666mhz, cl15, with automatic overclocking. Also, on the ssd, see there are two slots. Both support sata 3 and nvme.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • johnny711

Tinkerer

shankz said:
    hey I want to add a 1tb hdd can you give me link that I can add to my an515-55 laptop
    im not adding an hdd to mine only an ssd but you can search for 2.5 inch hdd from anywhere.
  • johnny711

Tinkerer

About ram, can you send some screenshots of the settings using cpuz? I think you can use a pair of hyper66 memories of 2666mhz, cl15, with automatic overclocking. Also, on the ssd, see there are two slots. Both support sata 3 and nvme.
    For the ram, i just purchased the one in my post. It has the same specifications. the Intel core supports up to 2933 mhz, but my model has a preinstalled 3200mhz ram stick. So i just purchased a 3200mhz one. The first slot on my model supports NvME, while the second supports both sata 3 and nvme.
  • Can you download the cpuz program and send some pictures of the rams memory settings?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • SumithChandran
    SumithChandran Member Posts: 2 New User
    Anyone knows how to add a 2nd m.2 ssd to the second slot on the rightside. I am confused. That slot seems to be small. Which ssd is in that size and were can i buy that. Or does normal m.2 fit in that slot?????  :sPLEASE HELP :s 
  • Simo998
    Simo998 Member Posts: 35 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Anyone knows how to add a 2nd m.2 ssd to the second slot on the rightside. I am confused. That slot seems to be small. Which ssd is in that size and were can i buy that. Or does normal m.2 fit in that slot?????  :sPLEASE HELP :s 
    @SumithChandran I have the new Nitro AN515-55-76SK model maybe is similar/same. You should have  2xM2 slots  PCIe NVMe  and one SATA SSD 2.5" slot. I have all installed. There is a video on yotube by "Laptopmedia" who does a full disassembly tutorial for new Nitro 5. ( https://laptopmedia.com/highlights/inside-acer-nitro-5-an515-55-disassembly-and-upgrade-options/ )

(I have a 250gb NVME drive running Windows and the other I have 512Gb nvme drive with Ubuntu 20.10 and thirst 1tb SATA ssd NTFS drive for storage installed.)

@johnny771 For ram and drives compatibility I usually check on the crucial system selector site (there are other similar sites) here https://www.crucial.com/store/advisor  just put in your serial number or model and it shows you what is compatible.

Acer Nitro 5 AN5-15-55, 16Gb RAM, i7 10750H, GTX1650Ti , 2x nvme drives + 1tb SATA SDD, dual boot 2xdrives Ubuntu 20.10 and Windows 10
  • FabianT303
    FabianT303 Member Posts: 1 New User
    johnny711 said:
    Sup guys, new acer owner here. Also a semi-laptop upgrading newbie. 
    Received my new Acer Nitro AN515-55-53AG yesterday, works like a charm. Want to add in an additional 8gb ram stick as well as an internal m.2 SSD. 
    Heres a picture of my mobo:

As you can see, it has an open slot for an additional Ram stick and SSD.
    According to CPU-Z as well as my own eyes, the preinstalled ssd is an Western Digital PC SN530 NVme SSD:

The preinstalled ram stick is an SK Hynix 8GB DDR4 PC4-25600 3200MHz 260-Pin CL22 1.2v:

I want to add in another ram stick as well as m.2 SSD. I want them to match almost exactly with the components I already have in my laptop, in order to prevent any future compatibility errors. 

I found 2 places where the ram sticks appear to match. Can anyone confirm that they will be compatible with my system?
    https://www.amazon.com/Hynix-PC4-25600-3200MHz-260-pin-SODIMM/dp/B0898NRLXR/ref=mp_s_a_1_30

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SK-hynix-8GB-1Rx8-PC4-DDR4-2666-3200-MHz-Laptop-RAM-1-2V-
    HMA81GS6CJR8N/274472061920?hash=item3fe7cf4be0:g:fNEAAOSwcqxfRWYP
     (3200 mhz model)

For the m.2 SSD, I have found a Western Digital PCie NVme ssd: 
    https://www.amazon.com/Blue-SN550-500GB-NVMe-Internal/dp/B07YFF3JCN/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?
    dchild=1&keywords=western%2Bdigital%2Bpcie%2Bnvme%2Bssd&qid=1600012376&sr=8-5&th=1&psc=1

Please confirm that this will be compatible with my system.

^^Open ssd slot

Thanks,
    I want to upgrade my ssd since I barely have any storage but idk what ssd are compatible with the same exact model as yours so if you know let me know please!
  • @FabianT303 Check this link: https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Acer-Nitro-AN515-55/186768
    For other users, I think it is possible to solder a m2 2280 connector to this socket:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Fhurky
    Fhurky Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited June 2021
    hi. I have a question for a long time. I want to upgrade my ram. My computer is Acer nitro 5 AN515-55(2020) With 16gb ram(one slot is still available) but I dont know how to upgrade. The computer which you are mention above, is using 8gb ram. If you know what can I do to upgrade. thanks for your help.
  • @FhurkyI suggest you ask a new question.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer