Aspire ES1-132, G-sensor and card reader not working.

Hari1111
Hari1111 Member Posts: 8 New User
edited January 2021 in Aspire Laptops
in my device G-sensor is not working. I tried downloading and using drivers given in product page, it installs acer motionproctect manager and when i run it it shows driver error. my goal here is to get the accelerometer and get windows dynamic loockscreen. UNGG2SI02XXXXX is my seril number

Edited the content to hide sensitive information

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    That likely explains the issue since the generic Win10 installation version is not the same as the original ACER-specific factory Win10 version including software device drivers. You must go back to the download page here  and install the chipset platform and serial i/o drivers. This still may not resolve the issue since the Win10 system files they originally worked with are different from those you got from the generic version. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Any red or yellow warnings in Device Manager? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Hari1111
    No, there is no warning. I didn't even know this had G-sensor until I saw the driver list. 
    thanks for your help.
  • JackE
    The are in fact two yellow warnings under other devices folder related to the PCI bus controller. Right click on each of them and uninstall the driver. Then exit DeviceManager without trying to re-install anything. Then shutdown Windows normally. Then turn it back on and check Device Manager  again for red or yellow warnings. If the warnings reappear, then download and run iobit's DriverBooster freeware to see if it can pick up new drivers on line to correct the issues. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Hari1111
    The PCI bus problem wasn't solved with uninstalling + rebooting, and driver booster didn't fix anything. the yellow warning still persist. I tried installing the driver applications given by acer at support but they gave driver error (acer motion protect manager). any idea to solve it?
  • JackE
    Does it still have the factory install Win10? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Hari1111
    It dosen't have factory installed windows as it came with ubuntu and i installed windows in it. 
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    That likely explains the issue since the generic Win10 installation version is not the same as the original ACER-specific factory Win10 version including software device drivers. You must go back to the download page here  and install the chipset platform and serial i/o drivers. This still may not resolve the issue since the Win10 system files they originally worked with are different from those you got from the generic version. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Hari1111
    this didn't work, any other solution ?
  • JackE
    >>>It dosen't have factory installed windows as it came with ubuntu and i installed windows in it. >>>

(1) If this machine was sold with factory-installed Linux or without a factory-installed operating system, Win10 can't be activated  since the mainboard doesn't have an embedded Win10 OEM license. Accordingly, do you have a  Wi10 generic  license?

(2) Does Device Manager show the same two yellow warnings?

(3) Does it have its manufacturing date imprinted on a machine UPC label or the box that it came in?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Hari1111
    1) I have only organization license ( windows is same price as laptop and this is my secondary laptop only)

2) It shows the same yellow warnings

3) Manufacturing date is 24/06/2017 
        Model no. N16Q6

• JackE
    What organization? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Hari1111
    It is my former school laptop. I know this by "Windows is activated using your organization's activation service" in activation tab.
  • JackE
    This laptop was probably certified to work properly with either version 1607 or 1703 versions of Windows 10. Try googling the keywords 1607 iso download. Then prepare a bootable USB installation pendrive using Rufus. Immediately after installation, open Control Panel. Search 'restore point' Click 'create a restore point' in the left pane. Make sure System Protection is turned on in the box that pops up. Then open Device Manager. Check for red or yellow warnings again. You may have to download and install drivers again from the ACER download site. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Hari1111
    Thanks for your solution. Its not worth it use the old windows. I was trying to enable dynamic lock screen feature in Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 21277, which i can't do in version 1703 (obviously). good luck becoming first in all time leaders.
  • JackE
    Yes but it may fix the issue. Then you can turn on SystemProtection in Control Panel's restore point app to find out which update since 1703 is causing the problem. This update can then be temporarily blocked using Microsoft's Update Hide Tool until a future update fixes the issue. This will only block the errant update but not prevent installation of any other updates including betas. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ