Can I use a TV as the monitor with my Chromebox CX13

Options
ckendrick20
ckendrick20 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have attached a 3-4 year old Samsung smart TV to my new Chromebox CX13 or CXI3 with an HDMI cable.  When the Chromebox boots up I see the Chrome logo centered on the TV screen.  Then it goes away and I am left with a blank white screen.  In the bottom left of the screen is a button (partly off screen) to shut down the device.  To me, it looks like if I could zoom in I would see a search box or some other controls.  It looks to me like I am seeing only a small part of what I should see.  Sadly I can find no way to zoom in.  Acer technical support thinks the Chromebox is defective.  Shouldn't it be possible to use my TV?

Answers

• AdamVega
    AdamVega Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    It should. Acer may have the right diagnosis.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    In the ChromeOS you should be able to go to Settings; Device; Displays and verify the TV is recognized at the right resolution, likely 1920x1080.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ckendrick20
    ckendrick20 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thanks for your guidance.  Sadly I don't have any access to the Chrome OS.  I just see the Chrome logo on startup and then it switches to a white screen.  
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    It sounds as if Acer support is right then. Is it new enough to swap with the vendor? That would be faster than having it go through the warranty process with Acer.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.