Keyboard backlight-animation, Disabling.Rgb-Rainbow on startup, undesirable/embarrassing Triton 500

RolfNorway
RolfNorway Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited December 2020 in Predator Laptops
Regarding a PredatorTriton500: --Having this embarrassing experience with rainbow-keyboard (on startup).
...Is there anyone with expertise that have a solution to permanently turn of this rainbow-lighting on startup/wake-up of computer ? (In this case a PredatorTriton500)
Extremely appreciating if anyone have a good solution.
( Have been in bios and turned of the switch for sound and animation, but only the sound was successfully disabled.  >>Keyboard still raining with rgb-bows. )
_
Almost in thought-process of returning my newly purchased Predator Triton 500 (515-52) to the vendor, just because of this.
Guess its Ok for the younger-ones that like this things. But for an combined professional, and small-time gamer,..its very annoying/embarrassing.

[28.Des-2020]

Edited the content to hide personal information

Answers

• Hi,
    Open PredatorSense App, click Lighting in the left pane, select Static or if you prefer different settings in Dynamic try them.

• RolfNorway

Tinkerer

Hi,
    Open PredatorSense App, click Lighting in the left pane, select Static or if you prefer different settings in Dynamic try them.
    Thnx for input, and willingness to help brummyfan2. --Though, yesterday did open PredatorSense-app and it doesn't help anything when switching to another static or dynamic settings (have tried different ways in the app). Bytheway, it's a slight difference between our Sense-apps, but observing that the principles are the same for both our apps, based on your two pictures in your post.

>> Is a littlebit tempted to try an update of bios (Looks like Acer have one newer one for the Triton500(515-52) than the current one in computer now,..
    ..BUT there is a lack of descriptive text that should tell what the newer bios-version is changing(/or hopefully could improving).
    And by lack of descriptive text for any newly made bios-upgrade files, it oozes somewhat flippant and lower priority by the manufacturer.
    Here is shown the available bios-versions for the pt515-52, prDate29des2020 :
    (In my case and computer, it came from the vendor/seller with ver.1.07 installed)

• RolfNorway

Tinkerer

>> ByTheWay(2): Important to remind; The problem is only for the --StartUp/WakeUp-- of computer (..this unwanted Rainbow-Keyboard-RgbLighting thing).

• Sorry, I couldn't find any solution but please wait for someone else to chime in.
  • RolfNorway

Tinkerer

Sorry, I couldn't find any solution but please wait for someone else to chime in.

>Thank's for trying regardless.
      Waiting a littlebit then to see if there come's along other suggestions.
    (In meantime HappyHolidays! /br, from norway.)
  • No problem, unfortunately, when I searched online I couldn't find any solution, anyway please wait, someone else will come up with a solution, Happy Holidays to you.
  • RolfNorway

Tinkerer

(6.feb-2021)Just an info-update: ..Did a bios-upgrade, and a re-install of Win10  ..--Result = problem still unfortunately not resolved.
    >>This might not be good for Acer-manufactorer, since it could certainly do some ripple effect on their product-reputation as a whole. (Not only for the Triton500, but also Acer as a brand).
    Well, time will show. Perhaps(hopefully) Acer are able to program a more thought-trough bios instruction-set later on.
    ..This 'rainbow-keyboard' on startup/wakeUp of computer is definitely not wanted by many users in various professions I would guess.
    Its very awkward and embarrassing if one were to startup/wake-up the Pc while coworkers, clients, or anybody 'non-gamers' are present in same room.
    br, Rolf
  • Domas
    Domas Member Posts: 1 New User
    I totally agree. This is a problem. I feel exactly like you and would gladly turn this "feature" off.
    It is undesirable/embarrassing and also annoying. It is hard to find a good working laptop with these specs and its almost always a gaming PC.
    I leave the PC running and disabled the sleeping options, to spare the disco lights.

The first time i turned the laptop on, the sound woke up my babies. That was a "great" start. I don't think the developers had family or work in mind when designing the boot options. The flickering lights could be enough to cause an epileptic seizure... The "no sound and lights" boot option should do just that, turn the lights and the sound of, but it doesn't. The lights keep on flickering.

BTW, I just had my screen replaced, as it just stopped working after 4 weeks, beside that, I'm quite happy with the laptop.
    Just wish a dev could read these complains and issue an update.
  • KevinM
    KevinM Member Posts: 1 New User
    +1 for disabling backlight animation on boot. If anyone has a solution, please help us  :scream:
  • mcfudge
    mcfudge Member Posts: 1 New User
    Well its over a year and a half since Acer was advised of this problem, now almost July 2022, and the nonsense boot up keyboard animation behaviour has not changed. There is no new option in the BIOS to stop this annoying and distracting behaviour.

I spoke with Acer support today and confirmed my BIOS version and PredatorSense version are current and that the power-on keyboard animation behaviour still cannot be turned off. The issue has not been addressed. When Windows is up and the PredatorSense background application is started ONLY then does the animation stop and your chosen keyboard backlight behaviour is applied. However that means that when you are working in a dark or dimly lit room you may have a hard time focusing on the correct keys while trying to type in your windows password -- because the keyboard is still animating the colourized dynamic water ripple effect while you are trying to type. You will have the same problem when booting into a usb 3rd party utility... the disco keyboard is ridiculous and does not stop. I would purchase a different laptop with comparable specs if I could find one without this undesirable 'gaming' keyboard effect.

The only option I have found at this time is turn off the keyboard backlight altogether and turn on the lights in your room. Of course this defeats the purpose of purchasing a laptop with a backlit keyboard. Press Fn+F7 four times to dim the keyboard backlight then turn it off completely, and press Fn+F8 to turn it back on. If you set a profile with a "dynamic" keyboard effect with PredatorSense then set the colour to Black (to have no keyboard lighting) you will still have the power-on problem animation.

Come on, Acer, add a BIOS setting to stop this nuisance keyboard backlight animation behaviour. Maybe add an option instead to immediately have a white (or selectable colour) backlit keyboard upon power-on just like a good reliable Logitech keyboard. Logitech seems to have figured this out years ago.