Couldn't switch on Acer Iconia W-4 820

Options
Darmaraj
Darmaraj Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 18 in 2020 Archives
1) Green light flashing when power button is pressed. When the power button is pressed and held, the green light flashes for a few seconds (approx. 10s) and stops flashing. I tried to press the reset button but nothing happen even though I press & hold. Please help, I really need some help to just switch on until it boots to windows. 

2) If the problem above solved, how should format it with new windows as it requesting to insert power adapter. I couldn't do that as I'm using the usb port for thumb drive where the OS is installed.
Thank you.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,921 Trailblazer
    Options
    You need an OTG cable to allow charging while using the USB port. I'm guessing the flashing power indicator is saying the battery is too low.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Darmaraj
    Options
    Hi, I tried to charge it but it still have the green flashing light. The screen remain switched off. The reset button did not work either. Please help.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,921 Trailblazer
    Options
    Yeah, if it wil not take a charge then likely the battery is in need of replacement. :(
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Darmaraj
    Options
    Actually my guess is it charges the battery because when I insert the charger cable, the light was orange and then later is green(without flashing) I assume it has been fully charged. The green flashing light is only when I press the power button.