What can I do About overheating? Predator Helios 300

Options
ComputerHelp
ComputerHelp Member Posts: 3 New User
edited December 2020 in Predator Laptops
My Predator Helios 300, VR READY does not have predator sense software. I tried downloading it, but it never worked. And every time I run a game it becomes extremely hot, and I am worried the chips will fry. I even got an $200 cooling pad but it still gets very hot.  

Answers

• Dheeraj25
    Dheeraj25 Member Posts: 8 New User
    Options
    Try to repaste it if it is warranty take that to the service centre and ask them to diagnose the issue if it worked all good if it doesn't come back here.

• Pb101
    Pb101 Member Posts: 31 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options
    Cooling pads will help as long as they have legs on the back and can stick the back end up off the surface of the desk. If they are flat on the surface, they really don't do much.

Gaming laptops are designed to run pretty hot.
  • ComputerHelp
    Options
    Thanks, the cooling pad does have what you have described. But it heats up usually to 80-90 degrees Celsius, the cooling pad makes only a small difference. And when it does reach those high temperatures I just shown, it throttles and it results in low fps, even though it say I am getting about 60fps.
  • ComputerHelp
    Options
    It reaches very high temperatures even with CSGO, low settings. I have no idea why, I do not think this is normal, and the fans especially run very loud when idle, or simply browsing the internet.