Need help for 946GZT Motherboard jumpers

Options
I2JJR
I2JJR Member Posts: 2 New User
Good afternoon,
I am still using, for specific particular use, an old AcerPowerFH having 946GZT-AM Motherboard and an added video card for HDMI out.
I needed to replace the video card, added time ago, because of a connector issue, but I am not able to find how to set the video out to the original internal video, as it was when I bought it.
At boot it immediately beeps as it does not find some hardware, (I suppose the video card) and I am not able to enter set up anyway, nor has it any video output on the motherboard VGA connector.
I remember that there should be a jumper to set to select internal or card video out, but I do not remember what where and do not find any documentation anymore.
Any help on this matter will be very appreciated, this ooold PC is still running XP os, that I need for a particular application, not working with any other OS.
Many thanks, again, and wishes for a merry Christmass and a quiet, better and sound new year.
Greetings, August I2JJR

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,816 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    That is a real oldie, vintage Vista IIRC. Here is what I have, you should remove the write protect for the CMOS then reset it to defaults, then put the jumpers back to normal. That should have you back to using the motherboard video:

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,816 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    That is a real oldie, vintage Vista IIRC. Here is what I have, you should remove the write protect for the CMOS then reset it to defaults, then put the jumpers back to normal. That should have you back to using the motherboard video:

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • I2JJR
    I2JJR Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thank you very much, that was the Info I needed! 73, Augusto
  • SteveDee
    SteveDee Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Good machine, I still use mine- have you upgraded it beyond stock, besides the video card?  If not, know that it will go up to 4G RAM (original spec said 2 gigs) and a E4700 Core2Duo, if you're running a P4 in it.  I had to start using my old one again (bought new with Vista 32-bit, P4HT & 1Gb RAM).  Have an old AMD card in it, the E4700 and 4 gigs of RAM, running the latest Linux Mint 64-bit distro on an SSD, and it's pretty snappy.